Where is everyone?

Beam me up Scottie
on 4/25/07 12:56 am
Wow this forum has become like a ghost town since we hit our 1 year anniversaries. Where is everyone? So i figured I'd start a thread to get people's updates. My update: I'm still losing weight, I lost 8 lbs last month (month 14) and am now about 25 lbs away from my goal weight. I started this journey at 492 lbs the month before my surgery and now I'm down to 216. I'm working out 3 to 4 days a week and am eating fairly well, I don'****ch my carb intake like I use to, but at the same time, I rarely go carb overboard. For instance, I still opt for eating BBQ pork rinds dipped in french onion dip rather then having potato chips. So WHAT ABOUT YOU? Whats going on with you guys? Scott
Terri R. R
on 4/25/07 7:53 am - 'bout 45 minutes from San Francisco, CA
You're doing just awesome! I'm currently under goal and have finally hit the magic number of calories I need to eat to maintain. I go to the gym 6 days a week and weigh train as well. I'm eating more carbs but make sure they are good carbs. I crave fresh fruits and veggies.
Kayla
on 4/26/07 2:54 am - Skinny Land, CA
Please tell me the secret to CRAVE fresh fruit and veggies!!! Do I have to actually eat them?..Joking...but seriously...I hear people saying that all the time and I WANT to crave them too.
Terri R. R
on 4/26/07 2:25 pm - 'bout 45 minutes from San Francisco, CA
Actually, you do have to eat them! It seems the more I eat, the more I want! hehehe
rebecca224
on 4/25/07 10:30 am - Atlanta, GA
Hi! My surgery was 2-9-06. A year later, I'm now able to eat and drink almost anything. I only feel sick if I eat too fast or too much. I started at 273lbs., and fluctuate between 184-187lbs. The lowest weight I achieved was 178 for a few days, but that was when I threw up alot. I'm 5'7'' so the 184-187 weight is fine. I am in a size 12 and have some size 10 stretch jeans, which is great! I would like to lose some more if possible. I don't exercise really. I like walking, but don't do it other than when I'm working, or running errands. I have increased my sugar intake since surgery. I was diabetic before, but now all my labs are great. I don't overdue it though. Honestly, I need to drink more water, start taking my vitamins again, eat more protein, less carbs, less caffeine, and sugar, and I would probably lose. I'm just not worrying too much. I feel great! It's the first time in my life that I'm not obsessed with my food intake, the number on the scale, etc. I feel normal. I eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm full, and enjoy the food when I eat it. I have a little chocolate each day, which I love, put I also eat the Light and Fit yogurt, which is great! I don't binge, and I don't starve. This is better than I ever hoped it could be. It is so funny, two weeks ago, somebody actually refered to my legs a skinny. I never thought that would happen! It is not true, by the way! I may decide to jump into a serious exercise routine, get serious with the water and protein intake, and take off some more, but for now I'm enjoying this for the first time in my life. I appreciate all of you! Rebecca in Atlanta
Kayla
on 4/26/07 2:57 am - Skinny Land, CA
You sound like you have found such an amazing balance.
RieRie
on 4/25/07 12:47 pm - somewhere, IL
Hi, Well I am still here. I seem to have a lot of mind things going on. One day I think I am anorexic and the next I think I am eating too much. I guess I will not worry to much as long as I am still losing for now. I am only losing like five pds a month but that is okay. I finally made it below 200. I now officially weigh 198 and have been there for about two weeks. I am walking two to four miles aday and doing pilates three to four times a week. And all the house chores, gardens, dogs, and such. The surgery has not solved all my problems, but has helped with a bunch of them. I find this surgery is as much about the mind as it is about the stomach. I would never turn back. I painted the ceiling of out summer porch this week, I couldnt have done that before. My husband and I are slowly learning to come to terms so that we dont fight as much. I am working on returning to work but havent rushed it yet. I find myself so busy with life I dont know how I will find time for a job. But I am sure when the time comes I will find it. Hugs to you!!
Elisa *
on 4/26/07 1:24 am - I.V., CA
Wow that's great that you are still losing 5#s a month! I'm lucky if I lose 1 now... Elisa
Kayla
on 4/26/07 2:58 am - Skinny Land, CA
Did you read all the replies to your anorexic post and your post about not posting on the main BB?
Kayla
on 4/26/07 2:59 am - Skinny Land, CA
This was for Rie Rie. I WISH I was losing still...even one pound a month. I MISS IT!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1682 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 659 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 757 views