Long time, No post...

patrice S.
on 5/15/07 11:30 pm - derry, NH
Well, hello to all of my Feb. wls buddies. I am so very guilty of not being around as much now that this is just life, not constant questions like in the begining. I do still lurk and try to catch up on the posts about once a month or so and I must say that I am very impressed and so proud of us all, We did it!! I haven't lost any weight at all since about Dec but all together i have lost 102 lbs, at my lowest, and now i fluctuate +/- 5 lbs to be around 126-131. I am completely happy with my loss and I love being proportional for the first time since I was 8! On the other hand, I am again a junk food junkie and although I am so dissapointed in myself every time I put something bad in my mouth I can't seem to stop. I think because I haven't gained any back with my bad habits I somehow make it ok in my head. I know its not always hunger, its boredom or just eating to eat. I am also ashamed to admitt that I have a gym membership, which i haven't used in a good 2 months and a brand new treadmill that hasn't been turned on in 6 months!!!!!!! (does it even turn on still? lmao) Can someone here kick my butt into action? UGH I need to be yelled at, cursed at, something... Wow, lol, just even admitting all that makes me feel a little more resposible for myself. All comments and advice are appreciated, Thanks Patrice
Kayla
on 5/16/07 4:10 am - Skinny Land, CA
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! WE are the SAME! I haven't lost for about 6 months either and my lowest weight was 126...now I am 134...I go between 130-140. I have a big 10 fluctuation. It is what it is. I've lost 103 pounds. Read my reply to Elisa. I need a serious butt kicking too.
Elisa *
on 5/18/07 8:08 am - I.V., CA
Hi Patrice...yup sounds about right...I'm doing the same, except I'm not a size 8...still a 16 . I can't yell or curse at you...you're too sweet and I have no room to talk. Hopefully we can find a way to get back on track. It takes time. Just think of all the good things about having lost all this weight and think about all the things you don't want to go back to being MO. It kinda helps me realize how far I've come and reminds me that I want to stay a size 16 (or smaller). Elisa
Gi G.
on 5/19/07 9:04 am
Hi Patrice, good to see you! I think this is coming up on a very dangerous time for us February 06ers. I have stuck in my head that at 18 months the 'honeymoon' will be over, so if we don't get our eating under control and our exercise up, we will no only stop losing, but we'll start gaining. I think the winter months are naturally a time to slow down and with spring and summer we'll have another boost in losing. This is our chance to really solidify good habits; to stop and smell the roses *before* we snack, to make sure we are following the 'rules.' I think I have an advantage of having had some PS and really really really not wanting to screw up now. But I think we all can use a good look at our selves, where we are, where we want to end up. I am finally starting to see a thinner person, I'm going to do every single thing I can to stay that way. And I think I will always have to fight for it more than someone who's never been MO, but like I have said before and will say again, we're worth it! Get to the gym, just go, and if you're going to snack, load up the house with healthy stuff [which I find is much harder to pig out on, anyway]. Good luck. xosm
Kayla
on 5/20/07 7:00 am - Skinny Land, CA
GG-how are you recovering? I've heard it takes time for the swelling to go down...it seems like "6 weeks" in the answer for all swelling with surgery. My mom had a TT recently...wow...what a difference. I can only dream, but I don't think it'll ever happen for me. That's pretty much my only extra skin area anyway...so whatever, I can live with it. Will you be posting pic's? Take care girly girl!
Gi G.
on 5/23/07 1:52 am
I am feeling good, thanks Kayla, still dish rag tired, but not much pain left to speak of. I was told the swelling was more like 4 months. I have weird swelling where the hernia was, plastic surgeon isn't sure why, I will see the regular surgeon on Friday. There's also a weird scar where my open RnY had to be packed [last year when I had the complications], that plastic surgeon said he 'released' that area, but is back to being dimpled in. He is talking more surgery at the end of the summer. I am just hoping that the hernia is not back, cause that pain sucked. I will eventually post my pictures, I actually have some before's up on my photobucket but I want to edit out my head before I share them with the public. Having the panni gone is still unbelievable, but it has also highlighted the fact that I need to loose at least another 10-20 pounds. Even more importantly I need to tone up my thighs and arms and middle. I'm not cleared for any of that yet, but I am hopeful. Having smaller boobs is a big adjustment for me. I feel like they are too small, even though they fit into my old 36 D bras. I was coming from a G and I loved my cleavage [in a bra anyway, without the bra they hung down to my waist]. I am naturally thick wasited and I think I might need a little more up there to make me look feminine. But I will wait and see what happens when the swelling goes down. I haven't ruled out implants, but I'd much rather remain as natural as possible. I know the worst is over, but I'm impatient for the tired feeling to pass, to be able to get out more [I'm totally bored] and to not feel like crap after I do simple things. I'm paying closer attention to my diet to a) keep my protein high for healing and b) lose more weight, but I believe I really need more exercise to be successful. One step at a time, right? Thanks for checking on me! xosm
patrice S.
on 5/25/07 5:32 am - derry, NH
thanks everyone for the comments, suggestions, etc. i have noticed i have done a lot better this week, snacking wise. i seriously think typing it out made it more real for me. i bought NO cookies this week shopping, so there are none for me to eat, though the kids are PO'ed, lol. i still didn't get to the gym but with the warm weather i have been in the yard with the kids a lot so i am sure i am getting a bit more exercise then over the winter... now i have to get back to work on my water. yesterday i think i was mildly dehydrated, i was sooo dizy at bedtime. i used to drink so much water but since i have become addicted to coffee i noticed some days with no water intake at all!! i am downing it today, getting back in the habit. i am determined to stay at this weight, i cannot get MO again. my new mantra, haha. promise to check in soon. elisa: where have u been on pogo?? thanks again everyone! patrice
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1684 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 660 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 760 views