July challenge! Feb 06ers let's do it!

Gi G.
on 7/1/07 1:49 pm
August first will be our 18 month weigh in for the STATS chart. We have 30 more days to make that date mean we've arrived and are ready to abandon the honeymoon and live life laughing [because we're healthy, because we're here, because we did it]. I challenge you to shake it up this month. Do what you've been doing well, but kick it up a nitch or is it a notch? Look at what you've been doing poorly and cut it out [you have 30 days, you can do it!]. What haven't you been doing at all that you should? TRY. Make a new habit! Perhaps a healthy hobby? Quit smoking. Smile more. Aim to wear that slinky summer dress or a fancy pair of slacks. Do it today, and tomorrow, or Tuesdays and Thursdays, or weekends, do something, I know you can. Lets make August first a feel good day! I wanna say, look what I did ... I finally started exercising ... and now I'm even thinner! What will you brag about? xoxo
tripletrouble
on 7/1/07 8:31 pm - Solvay, NY
How would I become a part of this challenge. You stated that you have been doing this for 18 months. Is it to late? Lori
Gi G.
on 7/2/07 12:54 am
If you had surgery in February 2006, you are more than welcome to participate in our chart [see my profile for the older ones]. I will make a post at the end of July asking for weigh ins, at that time just respond with your surgery date, your start weight, your goal weight and what you way on August 1st [don't send it to me now or I'll just lose it]. What are you challenging yourself with this month?
kd5fil
on 7/1/07 11:02 pm - Harlingen, TX
Thanks for posting and for the encouragement! I am going to do it! I have been really slacking on the exercise and just can't seem to find the time to do it. I will be more intentional and maybe I can get out of the 170's. I have been stuck at 174 for a month. Thanks again! Good luck to all of us.
Tony Hackworth
on 7/2/07 3:10 am - Prestonsburg, KY
This sounds great! I'm in. I have been slacking on exercise and weightlifting..I'm actually gonna go back to square one and do liquids for 2 weeks and definatley try to walk more. Good luck to all of you.
rebecca224
on 7/2/07 1:55 pm - Atlanta, GA
I'm in GG! Rebecca
RieRie
on 7/3/07 7:51 am - somewhere, IL
I want to sign up for a class. get back to school. i keep telling myself after I lose a hundred, when I get the last forty off. So I want to sign up for one class this fall. and go talk to a lady at the college about going back to work. Social Security office has never called me back.... I need to call them to. squeakky wheel thing..
Goshdarnpeople *
on 7/5/07 4:08 am - ...did I mention it's hot here?, FL
Hey Gigi, You are so good. I'm glad everything has gone so well for all of us! To be honest, I find myself at a happy lull. I never have reached my pie in the sky dream goal of weight, but I feel so much better than I used to. I am happy. Anyone else wanna give a big HOO YEAH and charge a dollar for every person that has said "you better not do x or you'll gain back that weight & it would all have been for nothing"? *sigh* I guess I'm just not filling the peg they've put me in & they want me back where they are happy to have me. Been having trouble at work & trouble with my family, blah, blah, blah. It should be against the law to threaten someone with being fired when they have a documented disability, let alone 4 digestive surgeries in the last year, for going to the bathroom too much. They call it too many "non productive hours". I offered to clock out when I need to go, but they forbid me from doing that. They won't even take my doctor's note, when they've accepted it in the past, anually, for the last 3 years. Whine, moan, complain. Have I complained enough yet? Gosh
Gi G.
on 7/8/07 3:08 am
Good golly, Gosh, you sure are going thru a heap of stuff. I thought it WAS against the law to do what your job is doing to you?!? Forget about losing more weight, why are you still feeling sick and in the bathroom so much? HUGS! xosm
Goshdarnpeople *
on 7/10/07 8:26 am - ...did I mention it's hot here?, FL
Yeah, you'd think so, they just call it something else, but it means the same thing. Oh-well. I had digestive problems before I had this surgery. I was probably [] this close to Khrone's disease. While my problems have lessened a whole bunch, and I no longer pass out while going to the bathroom, I still have problems, and with additional stress & anxiety added to it, it flares up worse. I have found that if I go to the bathroom at least once an hour & eat a small amount every two hours, I'm fine & can live a happy life, with my condition. I figure I'll just have to embarass myself at work one day and mabey then they'll take me seriously. Heck, I had to miss work today cause I had an accident in my clothes on the way to work. Happy happy, joy joy. Anyway, sorry to come on here and be such a downer, lol. Had an exam with my WLS surgeon a few weeks ago and he's like, how come you don't go to the support group meetings anymore. I explained to him that they weren't supportive, lol. I mean, I get so much more from this site, without having to hear for half of the allotted time that if people don't come to the meetings they won't get their surgery. Geesh, I've had mine, can we move on to a relative topic for graduates, instead of listening to you on your power trip? Blah, blah, blah, Gosh
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1682 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 659 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 757 views