What is everyone up too?

RieRie
on 9/4/07 1:24 am - somewhere, IL
Well it is September now. I am down to 187 and seem to be stuck there again. I am still losing a few pds a month. But having to work very hard for it... I have my two yr old neice for a few weeks and will probable not get to exercise as much. I just hope I dont gain. I worry about gaining in the winter this far out anyway.. I amhaving a awful time not grazing.. I get so bored I eat.... I am now into a 14 P jeans.. and 10 and 12's in capris and shorts... I have a awful time with shirts.. when they fit my body they are usually too tight in the arms.. so I wear them big most of the time... helps cover up that roll of skin anyhow.... but then I look sloppy all the time.... I am not sure but think I might have a hernia.. I am going to call the doc and have him check it out sometime today.. I just feel this big pressure in abdomen area.. I am not sure it isnt too high for a hernia and isnt in my pouch area.. so I will call to get it checked... So come in and tell me what your up too and how has WLS changed your life in the last yr.
Jen Halliday
on 9/8/07 12:38 pm - Elmira, NY
Hey, Rie Rie! I'm doing pretty well. I was just talking to my mom tonight and kinda discussing how I think I'm doing, eating wise. I catch myself grazing once in a while, but mostly I have scheduled meals. I eat 5 or 6 small "meals" a day and like that arrangement. I don't know if you caught a post recently on the main board, but I had a pretty scary low blood sugar scare. While it wasn't dramatic, I was worried about it; it was 66 and that's low for me. So, my nutritionist suggested 5 or 6 small meals a day, focusing on protein. (duh!) I say "duh" and the reality is that I have let the protein slack a little. Not a lot because I am active and I need to and almost always do get a lot in, but.....I find myself eating more carbs. And not the complex ones we find in veggies and fruits. While I stay away from whites stuff (breads, pastas, and rice) I will eat whole grain or organic breads, only if they do not have high fructose corn syrup in them. (which, let's face it, almost everything on the market does!) I will have whole grain or sprouted pasta. (and that goes for the bread, too; sprouted, that is) I have had probably three occasions where I tried rice and each time it didn't go so well, so I've stuck to the rice thing. It's a waste of space. Even when I eat sushi, (like I had for lunch today) I pick off and threw away the rice. Dude....where was I? I babble and then lsoe my train of thought! Okay, so, I'm down to 164, which is 6 pounds up from my lowest weight, but still 6 pounds under my goal weight, so I'm all good. I was a little bummed, at first, about the weight gain, but then I lookedat my activity level and the way I've been eating and know that I'm over the honeymoon period; I hafta keep plugging and work hard at maintaining. If I want to lose, I will. I am happy, though. I think I will go back and forth with the same few pounds for a while, maybe even the rest of my life. I fit into some size 10 pants, but for the most part it's 12s for me. I love it! Are you kidding? I never get hung up on sizes now because I came from a 28/30! Whoo-hoo! I have no idea what size tops I wear. I think a medium or a small, but I don't know numbers. I shrunk to a size 7 underwear (not that you needed to know ALL THAT, but....) but that's because I have TONS OF EXTRA SKIN CALLED AN APRON GUT! I apologize for the shouting; I'm passionate and touchy about my apron gut. I'm in a wedding in a month and I have to wear a girdle. I'm fine with it. (After all, it's a size 10 dress!) I just don't know what to do with MY GIRLS! Once again, sorry for the shouting. I tried to shove socks in my dress to prop the girls up and they just end up looking like swollen chesticles. Geez! I'll hafta buy some falsies and try those! Still no complications. I'm very happy about that! I had a moment about a month ago where I had some pretty severe pain and called my mom to have her take me to the ER. I got to my mom's work and got out of the van and walked around while waiting for her to get outside. Wouldn't you know the pain went away? I think it's because I was praying, but when I called the surgeon's office the new PA said she thinks it was gas. How embarrassing would that have been if I was like, "Doc, you gotta help me! I think I'm dying!" and he said, "Eh. It's gas." ?!?! So, I'm glad it was just gas and I avoided the ER and the embarrassment. Well, I'm going to bed. I love getting my sleep, I gotta be honest! Until later........ Jen Halliday
Terri R. R
on 9/19/07 4:26 am - 'bout 45 minutes from San Francisco, CA
WOOHOO! You're doing awesome Marie! I just got back from my Alaska Cruise. It was a lot of fun. I'm still battling my ulcer. It's been rough for the last 6 weeks or so. I just had more tests run on Monday. Hopefully, they can get me on some meds to help with the pain. My new jeans I bought for the cruise are size 4. My size 6 jeans still fit well but are baggy in the thighs & butt. My tops are all small or extra small. I'm much more active and outgoing. I enjoy life all the time now.
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1684 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 660 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 760 views