Kidney Stones??

diannb
on 5/7/08 12:03 am - Manassas, VA
I had my open RNY in Feb 06 and haven't had many problems at all. Yesterday afternoon I had sudden right lower abdomen pain--shooting pain about as severe as anything I've ever experienced. Every few seconds the pain would shoot from rt abdomen down to the pelvic/groin area. I went to the ER and had only been sitting in the waiting room for 5 minutes before the pain vanished as quickly as it had started. I didn't stay at the hospital since the pain disappeared. I haven't had anything like this happen before but I was wondering if it was kidney stones? I wasn't aware of passing any, but it was in the right area for that. Anybody else have this experience? Diann
Bliss149
on 2/27/10 4:16 pm
Found your post after searching on the forum because I just had an experience exactly like this...I'm only 5 months out. Got an appt. with a urologist next week as I suspect kidney stones. Hope and pray there will be no more as that was one of the most unpleasant experiences I have ever had.
Cath
on 2/20/16 11:57 pm

I was nine years out when I had a kidney stone.  My symptom was blood in my urine.  The doctor did a CT scan.  They saw the stone, said the size, and put me on medicine to help me pass it.  You then have to pee thru a strainer to catch the stone.  A person has to make sure it gets passed.  I had been drinking a lot of diet coke and I read somewhere that could have caused me to develop a stone.  As far as pain, every person is different. I had two episodes of pain where I actually could tell where the stone was.  Fortunately I did not have excruciating pain like some people experience.  A CT scan is necessary if you get pain again or blood in the urine.

Beam me up Scottie
on 3/5/10 9:38 am
Call your surgeon, if it was enough pain to get you into the hospital, it was probably enough pain to have checked out by your doctor.

It could be anything.

Scott
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1682 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 659 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 757 views