Pain for the past year and a half

on 8/7/08 8:22 am - Fort polk, LA
Hello all, I really dont post much due to being a busy mom and wife and volunteer and the list goes on and on. I had gastric bypass in Nov 2006. Around Feb or so I started have pain right under my rib cage which is where my pouch is. I went back to see my doc and he tested me for H polori it was positive so I had to take alot of antibiotics and that got cleared. Well needless to say the pain never went away it just kept getting worse and worse. The doc put me on every proton pump inhibitor on the market and antiacid. Well to make a long story short the pain just keeps getting worse my chest hurts and stomach hurts 24/7. I am on calcium channel blockers for chest pain, and other meds. I went to a GI doc who ran all sorts of test and he found out I now have Hiatal Hernia and Esophigeal spasms. I have been to countless docs and it seems no one really know how to treat me. In the mean time I am in alot of pain and on tons of meds. I have insomnia and i dont know what to do. Is there anyone out there who know why I might be have this pain or what to do. I need help and I need it very soon.
Beam me up Scottie
on 8/7/08 11:21 am
DS on 02/17/06 with
I don't have an answer for you except to say that you need to find another bariatric surgeon. Obviously there is something wrong, an dobviously it is not being addressed. There are many things that can cause pain, you may have a ulcer in your blind stomach (the only way to Dx that is by a catscan with contrast), you could have some type of stricture, possibly some type of internal adhesion, scar tissue, and the list can go on and on. If the pain is increasing, and not getting better, then the next step after the cat scan would likely be some type of exploratory surgery. Sometimes they just can't see it all on film and have to go in and look. Again, I'm sorry you are having this issue, but the reality is that your surgeon has let it go too far and you need to find someone else to help fix you up. If you lived in NY, I'd send you to my surgeon, he's one of the best revision surgeons on the east cost. I'm not sure who would be a top revision surgeon in La, but if you have to travel out of state, do it, find someone who will fix you. Things can go from bad to worse very very very quickly. Scott
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1417 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 529 views
janeel1 · 1 replies · 573 views