Help! Why cant I lose

sherleb
on 12/14/09 10:39 am - Hamilton, NJ
It will be almost 4 years since my surgery and I have gained every single pound back.  Nothing bothers me, I can eat, drink anything.  Very small amounts but I feel like an addict.  I am now worse than ever.  I dont know what to do.  This is very embarresing, I am so mad at myself.  Help.....
Beam me up Scottie
on 1/8/10 12:24 pm
Have you considered a revision to the duodenal switch?

Scott
sherleb
on 1/9/10 4:47 am - Hamilton, NJ

Thank you for you help, yes but my surgeon wont do it was thinking to go to someone else.. I am just not sure...ugh...

Beam me up Scottie
on 1/11/10 4:39 am
There are only a handful of surgeons in the country that can do a RNY to DS revision. You are fortunate one of them is in NJ. I think it's Dr. greenbaum. You can get his info on the DS forum on this site or on www.dsfacts.com

Good luck to you.

Scott
Tony Hackworth
on 1/13/10 4:50 am - Prestonsburg, KY
Hi, I've regained a slight bit myself...Id say all of us have. Don't be embarrased...I know I can lose the weight I just need to get motivated. Looking back I wish I had went with the DS but my Insurance didn't cover it...But I don't regret RNY one bit, it saved my life and changed it dramatically. I'm gonna see my surgeon soon and see what options I have with getting a revision. Just try to go back to the basics like when you were a week out...thats easier said than done but it's worth a shot. Good luck and hope everything works out for ya.

I wish more of our ol Feb 06'ers would post here more often...lol this board died a couple of years ago. 4 years has went by quick!! later guys
Beam me up Scottie
on 1/13/10 3:41 pm
I know I can't believe it was 4 years ago!!!!!!

Scott
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1684 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 660 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 760 views