Just a piece of advice for the February gang

continuedmoon
on 1/24/06 3:46 pm - salem, OR
Greetings All, I just wanted to let you all know of a secret I wish I had known before my surgery. I spent so much time on this board that I was starting to get freaked a bit. I wish someone would have told me to visit the prior months posts to see what was happeneing with those folks. You will see that so many people come out of the surgery with no issues at all. We all know that there are risks involved, but I would have been much more confortable seeing the bazillions that had no gas pain, did not wake up with a tube down their throat, had no issues and advised the pain was minimal. To know that a lot of people actually had a pretty good expereince was comforting. (I listed other helpful hints on my profile) I was one of those people that came out with hardly a scratch and I just wanted to encourage those that may be a little freaked to visit the January or December posts for an encouraging piece of news. It may even help you get prepared (grocery wise) on what to have handy for after surgery. You will all learn and grow together. I am two weeks post op and my scars are totally healed and I only had an issue with a twisted knee (from favoring my legs instead of my stomach when getting out of bed after coming home.) Getting out of bed and walking in the hospital was relatively simple. I did not go home with a drain tube, I was not able to even come close to the required intake of calories/food/protien/water for 4 days after my release which is normal, but nobody told me. I wish you all the best in your journey and pray that each one of you comes out of surgery with flying colors and has a rapid recovery. If this informaiton helps calm the fears of even one person I have accomplished the reason for the post. Good luck and God Bless! Kristie 285/260/150
Elisa *
on 1/24/06 3:58 pm - I.V., CA
Hi Kristie, thank you so much for the advice. It's definitely good news to know how well you are doing. Congratulations ! I hope I am able to have a successful surgery and recovery such as yours and many others. Also I was wondering if you had the link to the January & December Messageboards? Thanks again for the encouragement, it helps A LOT! Elisa
continuedmoon
on 1/24/06 4:04 pm - salem, OR
Sorry about that..... You can get to any month you want by selecting the dates in the upper left hand corner. While you are in the month of "February" there is a drop down over on the top left menu tab and if you drop it down it will take you to any month of your choice. Thanks for the heads up that I forgot to explain that. Kristie
Sandi0521
on 1/25/06 1:18 am - Gastonia, NC
Thanks Kristie, It's good to hear something positive....I'm having mine on Feb.7th and it's getting close. I'm excited, but very nervous....So your post made me feel better.....Thanks, Sandi
4eva-unique
on 1/25/06 12:14 pm - Dallas, TX
thank you so much for this post! Yes, you read so many horror stories and it gets to you, or shall I say it got to me. I have been going over here, thinking about the surgery. I've had surgery on my knee before, but this is abdomen surgery so I know it is different. I don't know what to expect. However, I know that God will bring me through!!! I already have the victory! Good luck in your journey....you can save me a seat...I will be over there on the 1st. You can give me some helpful tips You are truly a blessing for posting this for us!!!! I know a lot of us are trippin' over ourselves as our date is getting closer. 4EVA
Kennie29
on 1/25/06 3:39 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Thank you so much, that was well needed. My date is on the 6th and I am having some nerves issues!!! Thanks again! Hugs, Kennie
greese2b
on 1/26/06 6:06 am - Huntsville, AL
Thanks for the great post. I just found out my surgery date and it is only 10 days away...Feb 6th is my date too.
Deanna F.
on 1/26/06 10:42 am - Poughkeepsie, NY
Thanks for this information Kristie... since I read your post I have done a lot of reading on the previous months' forums. It has helped immensely!! Deanna
nhv
on 1/28/06 9:50 am - Washington, DC
Kristie, Thanks so much for this post!! You answered the one question that has been on my mind for ages but no one seems to ever answer - how in the world will I get all those liquids/protein in after my surgery. Nice to know that it will take a few days and that it's NORMAL. Thanks again for the helpful info. Nance
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1685 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 661 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 760 views