LIQUID DIET SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

4eva-unique
on 1/29/06 7:01 am - Dallas, TX
I'm having surgery on Feb 1 and I am on the liquid diet now. I have had homemade chicken broth and I drained as much fat as I could off of it. I've had veggie broth with beef stock. I didn't eat the veggies though. Sad to say that the 1st few days I didn't do vitamins or protein, so I was extremely weak. I was also eating one time during the day For the last couple of days, I've done the Breakfast drink and peanut butter smoothies. However, I noticed that I am consuming at least 400 calories with the smoothies. I don't think that is good So I am in desperate need of help on what to do the rest of these days and when I return home. I bought some beef bullion powder to make broth from that and freeze them. I've bought soup, pudding, and cheese for the following week. At this rate, I will lose ALL of my weight in one week cuz I'm not eating anything. Please.....post ops.....please help me..........
sue_potter
on 1/29/06 12:34 pm - gresham, OR
I'm not a post op, but I am on the liquid diet, too. My date is also 2-1. I am drinking plenty of water, Crystal lite and clear juices, and on my plan is diet jello. I only have to be on this for three days, so it isn't too bad. After, I can have the protien drink with milk which I think goes down so much better than with water. Isn't boullion a drag? We are allowed protien drinks before, but they have to be made with enough water that you can see through them....I don't think I can do that, but I will probably try by Tuesday. I also have left over baby food from my grandaughter that she didn't eat once she was introduced to table food. As lousy as it is, I will probably try it! Best wishes to you on your surgery. I will put you on my prayer list. Sue
4eva-unique
on 1/29/06 5:24 pm - Dallas, TX
I hear bad things about the baby food, but I know everyones taste buds are different. I might have to just bare with it and do it. I want to make sure I do the right thing. We are taking a serious step in losing weight. I want to take advantage of this gift we were given! I have to get me some jello that's pre-made cuz I know I am not going to want to prepare anything post-op I haven't done the buillon yet. I did the broth from boiling the chicken myself. I have a beef buillon powder, I will try that later on today. I like the smoothies a lot, but it's made with milk and peanut butter! Thank you for the prayers. I will send up a prayer for you as well. So what time is your surgery? We will be going to the loser's bench together Are you ready? I am beyond ready. I know it will take hard work, but it is time!!! 4EVA
sue_potter
on 1/29/06 11:00 pm - gresham, OR
As far as I know I am still the first in line for Wednesday - I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am and the surgery is scheduled for 7:30. I won't know it that is cast in stone until tomorrow. Best wishes!! Sue
4eva-unique
on 1/30/06 7:48 am - Dallas, TX
Well I will be praying for you. I'm sure I will be up at that time because I can't take my behind to bed at night. I sleep during the day. YOU WILL DO FINE!!!! We are on our way.... 4EVA
rhodest
on 1/29/06 12:46 pm - Slidell, LA
Hi. If you are not on "clear liquids" only yet, you can have any tasty Slim Fast type of canned drink at your supermarket. They're pretty good. If you are on a clear liquid only diet now, you can have broth/bouillon, crystal light, sugar free Jell-O, popsicles. I'm sure others will have some good suggestions for you. My surgery date is 2/5/06 and I'm on the liquid diet right now. I am having prescription shakes called HMR. Similar drinks are Optifast, Medifast, etc. It's hard to diet before surgery. Heck, I didn't even get a good "last supper." But, my surgeon told me these very intersting words, "At least these pounds you lose before surgery won't be gained back again." Good point, isn't it? Remember to drink lots of water, too. Good luck. Theresa
4eva-unique
on 1/29/06 4:30 pm - Dallas, TX
yes, I'm on clear liquids now. I didn't have a good last supper either! However, I ate whatever and whenever I wanted. The strange thing was the days before the liquid diet, I wasn't hungry. I like what your doctor said. The pounds I've lost will not come back to haunt me and double! Hey, I will save a seat over there on the loser's bench for ya So they do surgery on Sunday's as well. Why wouldn't they though, I'm so I'm going to start drinking a lot of water. I'm not really eating (drinking broth). I will ask later on today am I suppose to be drinking the protein drinks. I really like the smoothies! Loaded in carbs though. I don't like isopure liquid protein, too chalky tasting. 4EVA
Gem
on 1/31/06 12:51 pm - Prov, RI
my diet consist of 3 protein 100 to 150 and a lite dinner 3oz lean meat and veggies.. then the day before surgery just clear liquid diet. Denise and Sue Good Luck.. and Bless u Both....
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1683 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 660 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 760 views