A Piece of Advise for those having surgery.

continuedmoon
on 1/31/06 3:36 pm - salem, OR
*Sorry for the repeat, I just wanted the new folks to get the same info* Greetings All, I just wanted to let you all know of a secret I wish I had known before my surgery. I spent so much time on this board that I was starting to get freaked a bit. I wish someone would have told me to visit the prior months posts to see what was happeneing with those folks. You will see that so many people come out of the surgery with no issues at all. We all know that there are risks involved, but I would have been much more confortable seeing the bazillions that had no gas pain, did not wake up with a tube down their throat, had no issues and advised the pain was minimal. To know that a lot of people actually had a pretty good expereince was comforting. (I listed other helpful hints on my profile) I was one of those people that came out with hardly a scratch and I just wanted to encourage those that may be a little freaked to visit the January or December posts for an encouraging piece of news. It may even help you get prepared (grocery wise) on what to have handy for after surgery. You will all learn and grow together. I am two weeks post op and my scars are totally healed and I only had an issue with a twisted knee (from favoring my legs instead of my stomach when getting out of bed after coming home.) Getting out of bed and walking in the hospital was relatively simple. I did not go home with a drain tube, I was not able to even come close to the required intake of calories/food/protien/water for 4 days after my release which is normal, but nobody told me. I wish you all the best in your journey and pray that each one of you comes out of surgery with flying colors and has a rapid recovery. If this informaiton helps calm the fears of even one person I have accomplished the reason for the post. Good luck and God Bless! Kristie 285/260/150
Linda Kay
on 1/31/06 6:02 pm - Mooresville, IN
Kristie, You are SO RIGHT!! I too came out without a scratch!! I DID Have a drain tube but taking that sucker out was only 10 seconds of OUCH.. ANYONE can handle it!! It took me weeks to get the required amount of protien in but I didnt loose a hair.. heck I lost more hair in normal life BEFORE surgery than I have the entire 9 months SINCE surgery. Just remember to take your vitamins, your biotin and B-1 B-12 and drink as much milk as possible.. I also ate alot of string cheese. WLS saved my life. It saved me from me. I was in the process of committing suicide with FOOD.. Not intentional but after a while thats the way it seemed.. You can give up ciggerettes, you can give up booze, caffene, you can even give up steak. but you just can't give up food.. you have to have it to survive. WLS allowed me to be in control of me. I CHOOSE what goes into my new tummy. And sometimes when I CHOOSE the wrong thing... MY TUMMY TELLS ME SO!! I am not loosing so rapidly that people are fearful for me.. I am loosing at a slow steady pace that is healthy for me. And I can tell you I have not ever been so healthy in 25 years!!! And I have made more friends in this journey!!! I have a support group that rocks!! and I get my new knee on Monday!! Best wishes in your journey!!! Linda 296/208/goal 125 I will make it!!!
CoraJ
on 2/2/06 4:39 am - Gladwin, MI
thank you thank you thank you!!! i am having my surgery tomarrow morning bright and early and am getting those cold feet!! You have given me good news and I am not fearing for myself near as much now. ~Cora 345/329 (now thanks to the liquid diet)/ hoping for 130
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1682 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 659 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 758 views