Feb06'er with Complications

Cheleya
on 2/8/06 9:47 am - Somewhere, MI
One of your fellow Feb board members, Tiffany, had lap RNY on Monday, Feb.6th. She has been experiencing a complication and is still in the hospital. Right after surgery, she began vomiting blood and while the amount has decreased, she is still having problems. Her doctor doesn't exactly know why this is. One of the possible explanations is that everyone bleeds from the pouch after surgery and most people pass the blood through the system, whereas she may be extra sensitive in terms of being nauseous, so she is vomiting. The other possibility is that the problem lies somewhere in the staple line. Essentially, they are keeping an eye on her and if she keeps vomiting blood, they will do a second surgery to see what is going on. Has anyone heard of this complication? Keep Tiffany in your thoughts! Here is her profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/profile.php?N=L1106777794 Chele
Kennie29
on 2/8/06 10:39 am - Chesapeake, VA
Oh my goodness, I will say a prayer for her right now. I had surgery on Monday too and I have had no problems what so ever. The most problem I had was just gas, but that has gone away just about. I don't feel sick and can tolerate all of my liquids with no problem. Please keep us updated on her!!!! Hugs, Kennie
sue_potter
on 2/9/06 1:47 am - gresham, OR
Prayers are with you Tiffany! Put your trust in the ultimate healer and He will be with you. Love, Sue
4eva-unique
on 2/9/06 6:49 pm - Dallas, TX
thank you for posting this! Tiffany is in my prayers and I know that everything will be alright! 4EVA
gillis1345
on 2/11/06 12:33 pm - Calhan, CO
My thoughts and prayers are with her. I all so had my surgery on Monday. I did threw up blood for a short time however they ran a lot of test and said everything is fine the the upper part of my stomack woke up first so what was in my pouch (and I have a very sensitive gag) I threw up blood. I stopped finaly and every thing seems to be going great now( I hope) I got to come home on Thursday. Hope things start going better fast for her/
Kennie29
on 2/14/06 4:44 pm - Chesapeake, VA
How is Tiffany doing, please keep us posted, I am worried! Hugs, Kennie
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1684 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 660 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 760 views