Update from loserville!

sue_potter
on 2/9/06 1:44 am - gresham, OR
I am eight days post op and feel amazing! I am getting my protien requirements, actually eating cottage cheese, baby meats, jello and applesauce and liking it! Why don't they put more people on the news who haven't had horrid complications?? I thank God for every good thing that has happened to me. Whether you are facing surgery or healing, put your hand in His and peace will be yours. Love to you all! Sue
Deanna F.
on 2/9/06 4:48 am - Poughkeepsie, NY
Welcome back Sue! Glad to hear from you and know that everything went so well for you! Sounds like you are well on your way to a speedy recovery and the losing side of life! Hugs, Deanna
Kennie29
on 2/9/06 1:44 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Congrats, it sounds like you are doing great!! I agree, why don't they put the ones that do well on the news? I had my surgery Monday and am doing wonderful!! No complaints!!! Hugs, Kennie
4eva-unique
on 2/9/06 6:36 pm - Dallas, TX
WELCOME BACK SUE!!! question: what are baby meats? I need something to make me think I am eating meat. I am on the puree phase as well. 4EVA
sue_potter
on 2/10/06 12:10 am - gresham, OR
Baby meats....those nasty little strained jars of straight meat in the baby section. Trust me, they are only palatable if you eat them with BBQ sauce! (my personal favorite is Sweet Baby Ray's) Then, especially if you don't look at them while you are eating, they taste just like what they are supposed to be. So far, I have had chicken and ham. I have turkey left to try. My DH did not pick up any beef, so I can't comment on that. Continued success to you! Sue
4eva-unique
on 2/10/06 9:56 am - Dallas, TX
Well maybe I will go ahead and try them. Does DH mean Darling or Dear Husband? I see that a lot. Anyway, I hear people eat them and doc them up. I thought we couldn't have bbq sauce, but I guess if its diluted it is ok. Ok Sue, since you said you can tolerate them I will try them. If I don't like it, I'm coming after ya Just kidding Can you eat the whole jar? I'm so deathly afraid that I am going to stretch my pouch that I take a few bites and leave it alone. I don't worry about the popsicles though, cuz they gave me 2 big ones at the hospital with a big bowl of broth. I didn't eat the second popsicle. They were equivalent to 2 pops that I get in the box. I haven't found the ones they gave me yet! I liked the flavor or it. 4EVA
sue_potter
on 2/10/06 10:11 am - gresham, OR
DH is dear or darling husband.......and I am just like you! Afraid to stretch the pouch! I eat only 1/2 jar which was I think 2T. The nurse in the hospital told me about seasonings....they suggested BBQ or teryaki or anything that will give a large flavor with a small amount. Hope it works for you......every doctor's plan is different. I didn't get popcicles in the hospital! I wonder if you can stretch the pouch with liquids? I drink a lot of water and tend to like soups - tomato made with milk especially - that I did get in the hospital! I found a beef broth that I liked during the clear liquid time, so I think that that sounds good for dinner. I get my protien requirements through the shakes and take my vitamins every day, so I feel great! Hang in there!
sherleb
on 2/10/06 3:05 am - Hamilton, NJ
Keep up the good work I am praying for you sherri
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1684 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 660 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 760 views