Recent Posts

Beam me up Scottie
on 1/29/17 6:18 pm
Topic: Happy 11th Surgery Anniversary!!!!
Just wanted to congratulate everyone that is still keeping track and maintaining their weight loss.

11 years later...and I'm still going strong!

Scott
Cath
on 2/24/16 11:34 pm
Topic: RE: Is anyone else having trouble mainting weightloss

I am ten years out, had RNY, never got anywhere near my goal.  I did lose more than the dr predicted but now I am packing pounds on again!!!  I am going to see a Bariatric surgeon to see what he says.  I think the stoma in my pouch stretched. 

Cath
on 2/20/16 11:59 pm
Topic: RE: I'm out of control

yes, very much so.  I am ten years out and gaining.  I feel like a failure big time.

Cath
on 2/20/16 11:57 pm
Topic: RE: Kidney Stones??

I was nine years out when I had a kidney stone.  My symptom was blood in my urine.  The doctor did a CT scan.  They saw the stone, said the size, and put me on medicine to help me pass it.  You then have to pee thru a strainer to catch the stone.  A person has to make sure it gets passed.  I had been drinking a lot of diet coke and I read somewhere that could have caused me to develop a stone.  As far as pain, every person is different. I had two episodes of pain where I actually could tell where the stone was.  Fortunately I did not have excruciating pain like some people experience.  A CT scan is necessary if you get pain again or blood in the urine.

law2003
on 6/1/13 3:02 pm - Portage, IN

Hi Maryjo, I am on for same concern.  I went from 324 to 135 with RNY surgery in March 2006.  I stayed 135 until 2008 when I got pregnant.  I went up to 150 but, I lost that baby.  I got pregnant in 2009 again at 150 and I had a successful pregnancy. I gained exactly 60 lbs.  My son is now 3 but, I have not been able to lose anything than water weight 210-200.  I have tried everything to no avail.  Did you find anything to help you?  I would have a revision or band to lose again.

Vanessa P.
on 8/25/11 6:41 am - Colchester, CT
Lap Band on 02/03/06 with
Yes, I got down to about 165, then had a baby, I'm up to 211 right now. I'm just not feeling motivated though. I exercised a few times over the past few weeks but have been very stressed. I feel your pain!
244/199/150

maryjo57
on 4/3/11 11:34 am - Clarkston, MI
Topic: I'm out of control
It's been 5 years. I went from 270 to 150. Life was great. I was feeling better about myself. The last few years have been rough ....out of work, hysterectomy, and many personal problems. I've hit 200 again and cannot express what a failure I feel like. I can't walk or exercise much because my right hip needs to be replaced some day. Probably from all that weight I was carrying during my obese years.
Anyone else struggling?
Homeseller_Rebecca
W.

on 2/7/11 1:07 pm - CORONA, CA
Topic: 5 years ago
Happy birthday to me!  I am 5 years post op and healthy.
225 before
117 now

I lost down to 102 pounds, scared the crap out of everyone because the weight just kept falling off.
Anyway I had to make myself eat a little more often, and it helped. I am good.  So happy.

Feb 8th 2006
I am a member of the century club
Beam me up Scottie
on 2/3/11 8:38 am
Topic: Happy 5th year surgiversary!!!!
Just wanted to wish y'all well!!!

Scott
Beam me up Scottie
on 12/20/10 11:27 am
Topic: RE: NEED INFORMATION...HELP
YOu should go to the graduate forum, they have some really good tips over there. Something like a very low carb, high protein diet, lots of water, etc.

Good luck to you.

Scott
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1682 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 659 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 757 views