Does anyone feel like this ?

April N
on 12/6/07 10:32 am - Moreno Valley, CA
I am almost 10 months out and i feel like i am done losing. I really hope not since i have only lost about 83 pounds. I am down to 178. I am not totally miserable at 178, but i would like to get to my goal of 150. I just wonder if this is a stall or if this is where i will stay.
KimOT17
on 12/7/07 10:32 pm - Vestal, NY
oh my God, i hope someone replies to you because i am feeling the exact same way! I am down from 272 to 180 and my goal is 150. i have been stuck at 180 for a month now. I have been going to a counselor to deal with a lot of things. She did remind me that most winters I would have gained weight. Every year I got larger and larger. I usually woudl start gaining weight around Halloween and then the Holidays just made it worse. Well, I haven't gained anything and am maintaining the 180, but UGH...it's so frustrating! I did have the flu and lost 5lbs one day, and got down to 175, but it came back. I figured that wasn't very fair though. Let me know if anyone has an answer for you!
mimiof6
on 12/11/07 10:08 am
I'm sure it's just a stall if you're keeping to the rules. Weight loss has slowed for me too, however I've noticed that 5lbs. is now a size in clothes difference whereas it took 20 lbs to go down a size when I was 290. So, I pat my back now when a size changes instead of focusing on the scale. I'll bet you are still losing inches even when the scales don't move. 83lbs. is not an ONLY--- that is 2 of my 5 yr. old granddaughters!!! 2 lbs. a week is what you average out to and that is SUPER!!!!! Just keep on truckin!!!
krs2009
on 12/15/07 3:05 am - Fargo, ND
I had my surgery on Feb 8, and weighed about 230. I'm now at 125 lbs., (from a 20W to a size 4) and I'm doing my best to keep weight on! Believe me, it will keep coming off without even trying. I eat like a pig, but in small quantities with frequency. I guess it is different with everyone, but my three other sisters and brother who had it done, had the same experience. Maybe its genetic?
Francesca F.
on 12/15/07 11:09 pm - Earlton, NY
I slowed too!! I am down to 164ish. Just remember all that extra skin is like another 10lbs or so!! Thats what i keep telling myself!! It will be all good when its gone!! No matter what a size 14,12 or 10 is better then last CHRISTmas 28,26 or 24!!
Danny Riggs
on 12/20/07 6:01 pm - Houston, TX
April - Shame on you for your lack of realization!!! Back on August 28 you osted about being stcuk at 200 and now you are posting about being stuck at 178. According to my math that means you are still losing weight at a rate of about a pound and a half a week which is normal and healthy. Our loss slows dramatically after the first few months. The "honeymoon phase" is over and we have to work a little harder now to continue our success. Keep on keeping on and you will continue to see losses. As long as you are truly following the rules, you shouldn't be worried! Hang in there! Danny
Sandi E.
on 12/27/07 10:28 am - Henderson, KY
Apirl, I am sure you are just at a stall. Do not get upset, be very thankful for the journey you have already reached. I just got back from Merono Valley Dec 9. I live in KY. We were out there on Vacation. Our friend lives on La Salle ST. You have a beautiful area. But the traffic..OH MY!!!! ha ha! Well again do not give up on the weight loss. I am sure the weight will start falling off again soon. Sandi, Henderson KY
valentinedawn
on 12/31/07 10:47 pm
Well, I can relate to the stalling yet I don't think what you and I are experiencing is that bad, and is no cause for alarm or distress. I had surgery 2/28/07, had a goal weight of 170, and have hovered between 162-165 for at least 3 weeks, if not more. I'm actually happy about it to tell you the truth! Sure, I hit "goal weight" but it's more that my body is regulating and able to keep weight stable. It's a good sign to me. As far as advice I could give you...my surgeon will do a liquid protein program for patients that are at a plateau. I'm not too clear on it, but from what I understand the protein flush helps kick the body back into gear. Good luck and great job! 1
SUSIEQQ62
on 1/7/08 10:32 pm - EXETER, PA
YES--I URE DO FEEL THE SAME WAY--THINGS ARE NOT GOING AS WELL AS I THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING TO.. I HAVE NOT LOST A POUND IN 2 MONTHS AND I AM NOW AT 11 MONTHS OUT SINCE MY RNY! I AM SO DEPRESSED--I AM HAVING A BIG TIME FLUID RETENTION PROB AGAIN--BEFORE MY SURGERY I HAD ALOT OF FLUID PROBS AND THE FIRST 6 MONTHS WERE GREAT--NO FLUID BUILD-UP--BUT NOW IT JUST WILL NOT GO AWAY--I HAVE ALOT OF HEALTH PROBS STILL AND AM STILL ON INSULIN AND SO DEPRESSED OVER IT ALL--I DO MY BEST TO CONTINUE THE LOSING --AS I WAS LOSING 4-5 LBS PER WEEK AND THEN IT CAME TO A HALT AND I KNOW I HAVE DONE GOOD--BUT JUST WANT TO CRAWL UNDER A ROCK RIGHT NOW-- I WAS 448lbS AND THEN LOST 68lbs BEFORE MY SURGERY ON 2/6/2007 AND NOW I WAS DOWN TO 270-275--SO THAT MADE IT A LITTLE OVER 100 LBS LOST SINCE SURGERY --I LIKED THAT--BUT NOW I KEEP FLUCTUATINF BETWEEN 275-284! THAT DOES NOT EVEN MAKE IT 100 LBS SINCE MY SURGERY!!!!!!!!!1 I WENT TO SEE THE GI NUTRTIONIST AT GEISINGER IN DANVILLE ON FRIDAY AND TOLD HER ABOUT THE FLUID RETENTION PROBS AND THAT I FEEL SO DEHYDRATED AT TIMES--AND OF COURSE SHE ASKED IF I WAS DRINKING ENOUGH--OF COURSE I AM--I DRINK ALOT OF WATER!!!!!!!1 IT JUST SEEMS TO ME THAT I DID BETTER AT LOSING THE WEIGHT BEFORE MY SURGERY AND THATS NOT RIGHT! I WEIGHED IN AT 283 SO THIS ONLY MAKES IT ON RECORD AS I LOST ONLY 97 LBS IN 11 MONTHS! SO I LOST A TOTAL OF 165--THAT IS GOOD--I AM HAPPY--BUT MY GOAL IS 198--I STILL HAVE 85 LBS LEFT TO LOSE TO MY GOAL (i am tall_so !(would be good for me)--i AM STILL FAT! AND I SEE OTHERS WHO ARE A YEAR OUT AND HAVE LOST 200lbs--IT IS JUST NOT FAIR AT ALL I THINK--AND OF COURSE I KNOW EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND I DO NOT CHEAT ON MY FOOD--CAUSE MY BODY WILL NOT LET ME--AS I HAVE DIVERTICULITIS AND NO GALLBLADDER AND I HAVE DIARHEA EVERY OTHER DAY AND HAVE TO LIVE ON IMODIUM AND PRESCRIPTION LOMOTIL--AS THE DIARHEA IS BAD AT TIMES AND MY NUTRTIONAL TEAM APPROVES THE MEDS I AM ON--BUT I ALSO HAVE STARTED A NEW BP MED AND ALSO MY PRIME DOC PRESCRIBED LYRICA TO HELP THE PAINFUL NEUROPATHY AND THAT IS ATTRIBUTING TO THE FLUID RETENTION ALSO. BUT IN THE MEANTIME I HAVE STARTED PHYSICAL THERAPY ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO AND MY PAIN HAS GOTTEN WORSE--THE PT TOLD ME THAT ONCE I WORK OUT THE ARTHRITIS I HAVE ALL OVER--THAT THE PAIN WILL BE LESS--RIGHT NOW I CAN HARDLY MOVE THO FROM THE WORKOUTS AND MY BACK PAIN HAS GOTTEN WORSE! I FEEL LIKE I AM NOT GONNA LOSE ANYMORE WEIGHT AND THIS IS JUST DEPRESSING THE HECK OUT OF ME--AND YES-I STILL SUFFER FROM DEPRESSION AND TAKE MEDS FOR IT! I PROMISED MYSELF THAT I WOULD NEVER REGRET HAVING THIS SURGERY--AND I DO NOT--I AM FAR BETTER OFF THAN I WAS A YEAR AGO-AS I HAD TO HAVE THIS SURGERY AS I WAS DYING--MY HEART DOC TOLD ME IF I DID NOT HAVE IT--I WOULD BE DEAD IN 2-3 YRS--AS I HAVE ARTERY DISEASE AND AM SCARED TO DEATH OF GETTING A BLOOD CLOT AND HAVING A STROKE.. I AM STILL HAVIN A CALCIUM DEFICIENCY TOO--I AM TAKING 4 CITRACAL CITRATES W/VIT D PER DAY AND NOW 1 VIT D PRESCRIPTION PER WEEK--WAS TAKING 2--BUT VIT D LEVELS WERE THRU THE ROOF--BECASUE I AM LACTOSE INTOLERANT I CANNOT GET IN MILK AND DAIRY PRODUCTS MUCH--SO I HAVE TO TAKE 4 OF THE CALCIUM CHEWS INSTEAD OF THE NORMAL 2.. THANKS FOR LISTENING--I NEEDED TO VENT--AS I SAID IT HAS BEEN 2 MONTHS THAT I HAVE NOT LOST A POUND --BUT KEEP GOING UP AND DOWN IN THE SAME RANGE FROM THE FLUID RETENTION.. I AM GLAD THAT I AM NOT ALONE--NOW I FEEL A TINY BIT BETTER KNOWING THAT OTHERS ARE HAVING A PROBLEM TOO AND THINK THEY SHOULD BE DOING BETTER THAN THEY ARE TOO.. GOD BLESS--TAKE CARE--SUSIEQQ FROM PA
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 734 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 757 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 708 views