Anyone know if it is OK to use Alli after gastric bypass?

Solomom
on 1/8/08 2:53 pm - North Topsail Beach, NC
I am so bummed! After starting off losing like a champ, I stopped dead back in the summer sometime. I lost 80 lbs. then gained back 10 lbs. and have since lost 8 lbs. I guess that would be 78 lbs total. I walk miles everyday. I can eat now without throwing up but I still eat much less then I did prior to surgery. I'm now severely lactose intolerant so no fattening dairy. My hair fell out to the point that I've had to have hair extensions added to my hair for thickness. I went home for Christmas and saw people that I had not seen in over a year and not a single person noticed. Actually, nobody has ever said anything to me about losing weight. I really did not even drop that many clothes sizes. I was a 22-24 and now I'm a size 18. Nobody notices. I'm still over 200 pounds and I'm so disappointed. I have not been able to bring myself to log onto this website because I could not bear to read how well everyone else was doing. I'm seriously thinking of taking that new over the counter drug Alli but I can not find anything online about taking it after a gbp. I took it for a while prior to the surgery when you still needed a prescription to get it. The whole process was pretty gross but I did lose about 20 lbs. Anyone have any information on this?
Melanie M.
on 1/11/08 11:45 pm - Amherst, OH
Many different people lose in many different ways. I'm sure you'll continue to lose after hitting the plateau that you did. As far as the Alli goes, I'm not sure. Maybe ask your doctor about it. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 734 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 757 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 706 views