Real down about my weight loss

Diane B.
on 1/20/08 4:16 am - Fridley, MN
Hello one and all. I am really down due to the fact I have only lost 95 lbs and it's been almost a year. I have been at a stand still for a couple of months. Am I done? I have a friend who had her surgery a month before I did, and she is at goal. I am still 20lbs away. Granted she is 17 years younger then me. But it still bothers me. Did I do this, put myself through this just to fail again? I am beginning to wonder. I've been through a lot since my surgery, I had pnamonia, had my engagement fall apart, moved to a new city, started a new job. So yes a lot of stress. But I still would of thought I would of made the goal. Has anyone still made goal over a year out? Is it my age? What? I need all the encourgement I can get. and yes Janna, I am the Diane from church!!! I will welcome all and any imput I can get. Diane
mookers
on 1/25/08 4:09 am - Penn Hills, PA
I know how you feel, I am in the same boat. I just hope this isn't it. I seem to have stopped losing and it really sucks. I did not meet goal I need to lose another 30 pound to be at my goal weight and I just don't see it happening
Jane Doe
on 1/28/08 8:00 am - Fair Oaks, CA
Are you guys still eating on plan? And are you drinking enough water every day and excersizing? I'm coming up on my one year aniversary and I'm still 50 pounds til goal, but I had over 200 to lose. I've lost 153 pounds. I'm still slowly losing....
ozlady1000
on 1/28/08 8:57 am - Davison, MI
Wow Diane, Guess what; you are not alone. I have only lost 97, and my surgerversarry is Feb 5th. I have hit the mother of all platueas too. My family doc said my body is still adjusting and has gotten to comfortable with this. His suggestions were increased exercise; and add weight trainning. We all feel as if the mighty weight monster is still just chasing us! I have even thought that my surgeon didn't do a good enough job. Sometimes I think I can still eat too much?? I had RNY; what do you have? I wish you the best; and hope you find more sucess. Keep the faith and don't give up. Sincerely, Judy R
mimiof6
on 1/28/08 9:16 pm
I still have 11lbs. to go. I started the program at 290, surgery day 265, and now 261. My eating has normalized somewhat. I still watch VERY carefully every carb and fat gram. When I stall for very long, I do the 5 day pouch test to get back on track. DON'T get discouraged. Every person is different. My friend was 30lbs. less than me( and actually had to gain some back) at 1 yr out. Don't weigh yourself for a month and just do what you should. I bet you will be shocked at the end of that month. Oh yea, I also noticed that a 1lb loss now, affects my body size like 5lbs did at 250. Good luck and God Bless. Debra
Diane B.
on 1/28/08 9:51 pm - Fridley, MN
Thank you to all that responded. Don't laugh, but I lost my post... couldn't remember where I had posted it (Blond moment!!!!) I am feeling better about my weight since I have started having coffee with some other RNY people. It's nice to see that I am not the only one still struggling. I am actually exercising more now then I was last summer because I had messed up my left leg with a fall. Now I'm doing curves, and walking again when weather permits. I will keep on, and hopefully, eventually, I will see closer to goal.
RainSpirit
on 2/1/08 8:47 am - Martinsville, IL
WOW! You are 95 lbs lighter than a year ago! That is a great thing.. you will lose more.. just believe in yourself, your pouch and if you do fall off track just holler and I will hold out a hand to help pull you back up..deal?**smiles** I wish I only had 20 more to lose, alas, I have a lot more to go. Hang in here .. it will all be fine. ((hugs)) RainSpirit
Danny Riggs
on 2/5/08 8:34 pm - Houston, TX
Diane - If this was the other board I post on, I'd give ya a royal butt chewing! But, I'll be gentle about it here. 95 pounds is nothing to regret or be ashamed of. Can you tell me the last time you dieted and lost 95# in under a year? Also, the only way you are going to fail at this program is to start letting self doubt and old habits start creeping back in. Many people don't reach goal within the first year but go on to reach goal after continued work and use of the tool. Don't get discouraged. Consider your successes and re-evaluate what you can do to further accelarate this success. You are doing great and will continue to do so as long as you follow the plan and stick to our commitment!
SUSIEQQ62
on 2/8/08 1:08 am - EXETER, PA
Hey Diane Congrats on your weight loss and Yes it is true like some others said that you are not alone--I too get down sometimes thinking that i am never gonna get to my goal--i have lost 103 lbs since my RNY on 2/6/07 and a grand total of 171lbs--But i still have 79 lbs to go to my goal --as i have a total of 250 lbs to lose --PHEW!!! I see others too--who have gotten to their goal faster and are taking a size 6 or whatever and here i am at size 22w/24w--but i used to take a size 34w-so I try to think positively most of the time--but still suffer from depression/anxiety (taking meds) But i have diabetic kidney disease and i keep fluctuating between 275-283lbs--so one week i am over 100 lbs mark and the next week i am only down like 95lbs it gers depressing.. I often wonder if this is it for me too--But i know my pouch is working as i get so full fast--I had an excellent surgeon and I know that he did a great job.. I have been going to Physical therapy 3 times per week--as i have spent most of the past several yrs mostly in a wheel chair because of my neuropathy--now i am building up muscle and i feel it and i am losing inches i see as some clothes that did not fit me last week now fit--so if you are exercising than it could be that you are building up muscles and that is good as muscle kicks fat out--LOL Add me to your friends list and i am gonna add you to mine so we can keep in touch and encourage each other.. Oh i am 45 and going thru menapause--this does not help with my weight loss-- You asked if the not losing was cause of your age--but you did not say how old youare--but i am sure it does have something to do with our ages--as the younger someone is--the easier it is for them to stay active and lose faster-- Well just remember that you are not alone and email me if you need someone to vent to--OK God Bless SUSIEQ from NE PA
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 735 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 758 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 709 views