Sabatoging myself...

mindsue
on 1/29/08 10:52 am - Pasadena, MD
StomaphyX on 08/31/09
I don't know what's wrong with me. I have lost a total of 130 pounds, but have been stuck for like the last 2 months or maybe even more at 223. I am pretty sure besides it being a horrible plateau, it has been my doing. I hope I don't get flamed but I have been eating terrible, testing out sugar and eating stuff I shouldn't be. The calories pile up everyday before I know it. I can't eat huge meals, but small ones and then I snack all day. Has anybody else had trouble doing this? I don't know why I am ruining this once in a lifetime chance at getting this weight off for good. What is wrong with me? I could just cry, but stuck in these bad habits now. Would love to know if anyone can relate.
ozlady1000
on 2/3/08 6:10 am - Davison, MI
HI Melinda, I can sooooo relate. This month is my surgerversarie on Feb 5th. I have had a lot of old issues coming up. A lot of stress, and finding bad habits are haunting me again. I haven't gained any but I too am on the mother of all platueas. I would never flame anyone; let him without fault at all try to do that. I wish you the best of sucess; believe in yourself once again! I have had many of these same ?'s too. Just don't give up completely!! Best wishes, hopes and dreams to you.. Hugs, Judy R
Donna I.
on 2/20/08 10:26 am - Kempner, TX
I too can relate! I have been able to reach and go below my goal of 135 lbs (currently at 132 for a total loss of 115). I am eating junk again. Small amounts but still JUNK! I constantly have food on the mind and nibble all day. Then I get on the scale first thing in the morning and last thing at night to see if I've gained anything. It seems that I'm testing my body. A dangerous game, I know but, even when I'm nibbling and asking myself "what are you doing??".....I still nibble. Any hints?
Caldergal
on 3/25/08 8:07 am - Spokane, WA
Hi Melinda... I'm new on this site and just posted my story a few minutes ago. I know it's been a while since you posted. How are you doing now?? I too and probably more than you can even imagine understand what your going through. I have been on a plateu for quite some time. My last weigh in with my doctor was in 11-07 and I've only lost 20 pounds since. I've been going through a bout with cancer which has stressed me out beyond belief and I think I'm eating to deal with it. It's possible too that I'm using that as an excuse to eat but either way the results the same...EATING! I'm not even sure I have any great advice for you because I havn't dealt with the issue yet myself. I'm grazing, I'm eating junkfood, not taking my vitamins loyally, not exercising. It's like I've given up but yet I feel inspired everyday to turn it around. But then I don't and get discouraged again. My recommendation for you is what I did the other day. Go to a support group in your area that's ran by a real counselor. In person support groups can be very inspiring and a counselor can have lots of good information to help get you out of your funk. I walked away feeling pretty good and inspired. Everyday is a new day to turn it around. That's what you and I need to remember and the basics of gastric dieting. I have so much good information, I just need to follow it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 734 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 757 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 706 views