My surgiversary today! 1 YEAR and 149 lbs down!

RainSpirit
on 2/1/08 9:01 am - Martinsville, IL
I am sooo happy! One year ago I went through RNY and it was the best decision of my life! I am now walking with a walker and sometimes a cane. Standing to cook, dust, and do laundry. My hubby calles me "Boney Butt" **laughs** To top it all off last night when we went to bed he slipped an arm over me and said "Damn you're skinny woman!" Now I am far from skinny still but it sure made me feel good. I have gone from 339 to 190 today.A size 6X and 32 to a med and a 14 pants I know I have a long road still ahead but look how far I have came! WOW! I am so so happy! The only meds I need now are asthma and thyroid(our vitamins of course too)I was on 29 meds and 4 insulin shots a day.Diabetes is gone. 7 years in a power chair(had polio) Unable to walk or stand more than a minute or two. ** stands up and kicks that chair hard** Look at me now!!!!!!To all of you who feel you haven't gotten to where you want.. LOOK HOW FAR WE'VE COME! **points behind us** The road ahead is not NEAR NIGH as long! **CHEERS** We can and will do it! YAY ! GO! **!!!!!!!!!!!! ((hugs and thanks to all of you for your support and caring.. I love ALL of you!!!!!!!!! **Special hugs to Shelly J** Rain Spirit
SUSIEQQ62
on 2/8/08 12:47 am - EXETER, PA
Congrats to you Doreen--boy You and I have alot in common--I too could not walk much from Dibetic Nruroapthy tho and i have spent the last 7 urs in a wheel chair also--and it sure does feel good to stand and do the dishes again and clean some and do laundry as my hubby was doing it all.. So I know exactly how you felt then and do now--I am so glad that i had this RNY surgery--I too need to lose another 79 lbs to goal--and am having fluids probs now from my kidneys(kidney disease0--But things would be much worse for me now if i did not have the surgery last year (2/6/07.. If i do not have you on my friends list can i put you on mine and you put me on yours OK.. I cannot remember all the friends i have--i have 48 some people have hundreds-- My 1 yr anniversary was on Wed and it sure felt good to see how far i have come. And of course some days i feel that i should have lost more at this point--I have lost 103 lbs since surgery tho i am up and down 5-`10 lbs with the fluid retention and a total of 171lbs as i used to be 448 lbs and am so glad that i am not any longer!! Blessings to you my friend-- SUSIEQ
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 734 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 757 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 707 views