One year ago on 2/23

irishgirl0525
on 2/25/08 9:17 am - New Brunswick
Lap Band on 02/23/07 with
I cannot believe the difference a year makes. I weighed in right before the surgery at 245 and when I went for my last adjustment a week ago I was 176. I look great and feel great. I still have a bit to go, I would like to lose about 40 more, but I am happier than I can remember. I have always been outgoing and confident despite my heaviness, but I HATED looking at myself in the mirror. I will admit that i am a bit vain, and spent a lot of money on clothes so I could look my best, but I would say that there are very few pictures of me in the last couple of years because I just couldn't look at myself like that. Looking at the pictures now, I still find it hard, and don't remember even looking like that. I feel wonderful now, and am enjoying dating and going out with friends and today I entered the lottery to run the NY Marathon. I can't believe I want to do that and the training will be a nightmare, but I know I can do this. I thank God every day that I made this decision to change my life, and I would do it again and urge anyone who has doubts that this is the way to go! I am so thankful to Dr. Fielding and his staff for this change in my life!!!
Charlottekay
on 3/6/08 8:31 pm - Nebo, KY
I just wanted to say congradulations!!!!! I truely understand. 13 months ago I weighed in at 310 pounds and I am now at 175. It's like having a new life. I too believe that you can do this. Congradulations and Good luck keep up the good work. Charlotte
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 735 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 758 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 709 views