13 months out-Has it been that long?

Charlottekay
on 3/6/08 9:07 pm - Nebo, KY
Well a year has come and gone.....and so has a 135 pounds. I started this process at 310 pounds and I am now at 175 ponds. I feel like a new person. I went for my one year check up yesterday and got a clean bill of health. So far what I have seen of my labs all looks good. Even my iron that was low at the 6 months visit, is good. I am recovering from spinal fusion surgery that I had on January 31st. Becasue of the problems I've had with my back I have not been able to exercise since October. So the only weight that has come off has been on its own. But just as soon as I get the ok to from my back surgeon to exercise again, it's back to the YMCA. Hopefully I can start losing a little more. I have 25 pounds to lose to reach my goal. But even if I reach that I still wouldn't mind getting down to 125-130. But I would be happpy with 150. I don't want to look unhealthy. I can't believe how much healthier my life is because of this surgery. My medications are almost nothing, my medical problems are almost nothing, my blood pressure went from high to almost to low, I'm not sick with common colds all the time like I used to be, I just feel better. This was the best decision I ever made in my life. I would do it again in a heart beat. I hope no matter how much everyone has lost or not lost that they are happy with where they are and who they are. This surgery has brought me and my husband closer. I am able to do things with my kids now and enjoy it, and they are not ashamed of me. I am so lucky for everything I have and for the wonderful family that I have. Good luck to everyone on your journey and keep up the hard work! Charlotte
Caldergal
on 3/25/08 10:05 am - Spokane, WA
Congrats on your wonderful success Charlotte!!! It sounds as though you are very happy and much healthier. My journey is still very much ongoing. I have a minimum of another 50 or so pounds to lose and had surgery on 2-26-07. I am struggling right now with emotional eating and grazing on the wrong foods. I have every faith I will get it under control especially as summer hits but right now am fighting the depression that goes along with dissapointment in myself and the lack of willpower. Hopefully reading everyones blogs will help inspire and create a better emotional environment for me to move forward. I'm new on this site but am really enjoying reading all that everyone has to say!!! Best Wishes, Leslie
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 734 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 757 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 706 views