Happy 18 month Anniversary Everyone

SUSIEQQ62
on 8/2/08 11:59 am - EXETER, PA
My 18 month surgerversary is on the 6th--I know everyones day is different --But want to wish you all a happy 18 month Anniversary since our Gastric Bypasses and pray everyone is still losing weight and has made it to their goal--I am struggling to get that last 50 lbs off to goal--But I am diong good I have lost a total from before and after surgery of 200lbs!!!!!!!1 I am exercising and strength training and building up muscle--But am at a plateay once again--Trying hard to get to my goal--But very happy at my progress all together--Especially since i started out in suc poor shape and in a wheel chair and now i can walk like 4 blocks with my walker/rollator--I still have all the diabetic comlications and frustratingly I am still on Insulin--But not as much-- I pray that everyone is well and Please update on your prgress I really want to know how you are doing and care so very much about you-- Big Hugs to you all my felllow Feb 2007 group- Lobe-a dn Prayers SUSIE Smith from NE PA
AngieB67
on 8/31/08 8:39 pm, edited 8/31/08 8:40 pm - Bel Air, MD
Happy 18 month surgerversary to you too Susie!!

Way to go with your weight loss!! YOU GO GIRL!!

I am happy to report that I finally made goal on the day of my 18-mos anniversary!!  WAHOOO!!!  It's been a long time coming and it seemed like I had more stalls than others in our surgery time frame.  But then I just relaxed and realized that's just MY body's pattern.  I tend to lose, have a LOOOOONG stall wherein I'm losing inches, and then have another major block of weight loss. And then the whole process starts all over again.  I'm cool with it now, but it drove me CRAZY earlier on!

Other than issues with my anemia, I'm doing very well physically.  I admit I don't exercise but I am very active (2 toddlers at home will do that to you). I am going to start weight training soon because I need some muscle.  (Family and friends are complaining calling me SKINNY).

Anyway, I want to know how everyone is doing also! 

---------------------------------

SUSIEQQ62
on 9/5/08 8:58 am - EXETER, PA
Hey Angie--now its our 19 month surgiversary!! Happy Happy one to you and everyone else--I wish people would post more in here-I am struggling to get to my goal and feel like you did--like you said--it is one plateau after another--I am exercising my heart out as much as i can with my health probs and i know that i am building muscle and have fluid retention probs cause of my kidney disease from diabetes--but i am feeling blue lately-I figured out that since my surgery I have only lost 32% of my weight and it makes me sick--I really thought that i would be further along than this--I did go from a size 34w to a 24w--But I  want to be at least a size 16/18 misses size--out of the W sizes.. I have lost a total of 200 lbs from before and after the surgery--but i found this paper i had that i got before my surgery and it said that after a Gastric bypass the average los is between
45%-70% of our weight the day of surgery and i feel so down and like i am not doing good at all--I am so afraid of gaining weihgt as i keep losing and gaining the same 10 lbs over and over again==but like i said i do suffer from fluid problems form my diabetic kidney disease and i know that i should be happy about my accomplishements and i am--But I think i should be  skinny by now..
 I have been so positive for so long and now i am looking at things from a different perspecite now.. NOt trying to be negative --just realistic..
 I am not sorry at all that i had this surgery and i am so glad that i can cross my legs now and be more active and i am out of a wheel chair--but i wanna be below my goal--and it seems like it is not gonna happen for me--I feel like i am gonna be fat forever--just not as fat as i was..
 But i am so happy for you--and you said that you got to goal without even exercising--just do not understand why others get down to a nice BMI like you and others do not--like me..
 Hope that you keep all of your weight off..Happy Sept!

God Bless
SUSIEQ

SUSIE SMITH FROM NE PA

Susie Smith from PA    

MistersMom65
on 9/11/08 4:54 am - TN
I had mine on Feb 28th. I have went from a 22/24 to a 8/10!! I have went from 152 lbs to 135 lbs!!! I am having PS on Oct 8th, a Facelift/Browq lift/Eyelid 7 Breast Lift!! I am excited & scared. I cannot believe how far I've came in the last 1 1/2 .

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 734 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 757 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 708 views