Weight Loss?

DaisyMay123
on 3/12/08 1:37 pm - Milton, Canada
Hi Everyone: I had surgery just over a month ago and have lost 16 pounds so far. I was wondering if the weight should be coming off faster. I eat three small meals a day but still find myself wanting to "nibble" in the evening. I have never had a problem with vomiting or food getting stuck. My appetite has certainly decreased but I'm disappointed in my overall weight loss so far. Just wondering how you all are doing and if this is normal. I had my first "fill" a week ago and it helped with the hunger but as I said I still get the munchies in the evening. Just wondering how it's been for anyone else. Let me know. Thanks!
Miriamgnz
on 3/13/08 1:07 pm - NJ
I had my RNY on 2/4/2008, 5 weeks ago, i've lost 40lbs . I am so happy because today i went and bought clothes on the misses section and not on the plus section. God bless you!! Miriam
SCushway
on 3/14/08 10:58 am - Daphne, AL
I had a RNY bypass and at two weeks had lost 18 lbs. It's been another week and though I am sure I have lost more, my scales are whacked out and seriously wrong so I have no idea how much more I may have lost, but I am sure I am probably losing. People are saying they see it in my face and neck and I know I see it in my bust size. Sandi
BonnieHB
on 3/14/08 1:29 pm
I had my surgery 2/11 and haven't had my first fill yet. I get hungry too and have the urge to nibble. What has worked for me is sugar free popsicles. I know sounds crazy right? I also try drinking my protein shake @ night (I use Muscle Milk-Light). Try it, it may work for you. Good Luck.
healthygirl2b
on 3/16/08 1:41 am
I had my lap band surgery on 2/13/08. At my 2 week follow up appointment I lost 21 lbs since surgery. However on 3/10 I had gained 5 lbs. I was in shock. But I was also told by dietician @ hospital that my body went into starvation mode because I wasn't EATING ENOUGH CALORIES OR PROTEIN. I was having less than 300 cals per day and I was only taking in about 20 grams of protein per day. I had gotten constipated 3 days after starting solids (for 5 days---OUCH) and had some reduced fat cheese (only 2 oz) but all of the changes my body was going through, plus not drinking enough water, my body was holding onto whatever I took in (eating.) I started taking MIRILAX AND COLACE to help with the "problem" and I have lost 2 lbs in 6 days. I wi**** was more, but what else can I do? I walk every day for almost 2 hours. Brisk walk, not running or lounging. So I was shocked. Some people have to work harder for the same result and some work really hard and lose less. Our bodies are all different. I think 16 lbs in a month is great! If you are concerned about it, call your surgeon or the dietician/nutritionist where you had your surgery. Perhaps they can recommend something that can help your cravings @ night. I love the sf popsicles. I also like the sugar free jello, and I make a parfait with sugar free cool whip (mix them together once jello is set). It is really awesome. Herbal tea with Splenda helps me @ night, too. I suggest making sure you are getting enough water throughout the day AND make sure you get your protein in & exercise as much as possible, 30 mins of exercise per day (that's what my surgeon told me). I am supposed to have at least 60 oz of protein per day and 80 oz of water per day. I didn't come this far and go through the whole pre-op process AND surgery to give up on myself now. I know you want to succeed and I believe you will. Don't be too hard on yourself and if you fall off the wagon, just get back up and start over. Success is not determined by our failings, but failing to get up and try again once we've fallen is NOT SUCCESS. You are doing great. Keep up the good work. Doirinne from Cohoes, NY LAP BAND SURGERY 2/13/08 DR. PAUL SINGH, ALBANY MEDICAL CENTER 60 LBS LOST PRE-OP SINCE JUNE 07 TOTAL WT LOSS TO DATE INCLUDING PRE/POST-OP: 78 LBS GONE FOREVER !!!!!
Christine S.
on 3/16/08 11:20 am - long island, NY
6 weeks tomorrow and I am down at least 40lbs. I still have a hard time either getting in all my protein or all my fluids. It seems like there is not enough time in the day to get all this in since we need to sip our fluids. Yesterday my pouch was not liking any liquids, It was like swallowing a rock. But I was fine with my foods, go figure. I get weighed at the doc this week, so I hope it matches my home scale.
antsissy1
on 3/17/08 5:14 am - FL
I am writing for my husband Dennis as he has vision problems and can't use the computer but loves to be in this forum. He had surgery on Feb. 28 and has lost 37 pounds. He was on the liquid protein until last Friday and as of friday he is on pureed protein (or finely chopped). He has had no vomiting yet but came close last night. he ate too much and was so uncomfortable. When he gets hungry at night he has a little sugar free jello. He also started walking as much as he can tolerate right now. He does crave certain foods that he can't have but he said that when he feels that way he goes and tries on clothes that never fit him! Good luck.
tlturner99
on 3/18/08 6:19 am - Lawton, OK
I am at almost 4 weeks and have lost 33 lbs. I also fee like I am not losing fast enough. You watch these TV shows and these people are like "oh, its been 4 weeks and I've lost 70 lbs.". I just really feel frustrated too and I am craving bread like a crazy woman. Are you working out yet? I am up to about a 1 1/2 miles on the treadmill and doing some light weight machines for my arms--maybe some more exercise would help.
Michelle S.
on 3/19/08 5:15 am - North Jersey, NJ
Congrats on the 16 lbs weight loss! I know that lap band loss is a bit slower then RNY, so it sounds like you are doing great. I had RNY surgery on 2/25 which is a little over 3 weeks ago & have lost 20 lbs so far. Best of Luck!
just_me...
on 4/17/08 6:37 am - OR
I know what you mean...I had my surgery in February and I lost 12lbs the first month and then 2lbs the following month. I just got my second fill yesterday and hopefully I will have more restriction. I had been exercising some, but not alot...I'm going to kick that up a notch since the weight isn't coming off how I'd like for it to and I've also realized that sometimes I'm not making the best choices with my meals, and I've been able to eat pretty much how much ever I want. Now, hopefully with the 2nd fill and the realization that I need to workout more, the pounds will come off faster! I would suggest to re-evaluate what you are doing and see if there are changes that should be made, or maybe talking to your doctor about getting a fill. Maybe your still eating too much? My doctor said that they would like for me to only be eating 3/4-1 cup per meal. As of yesterday, I was able to eat way more than that if I chose too even though after about 1 1/2 cups of food I was full. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1501 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1211 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 852 views