Stuck on chicken

Panda1
on 4/1/08 1:59 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Wow, I just had an experience: I got some chicken STUCK. I eventually tried some warm tea and it went away. My question is this: does this mean that my band is working?? I had my first fill last Friday and can't really say I really feel any diferent other than this particular incident. What do you guys think?? Janice
Barabara Sipriano
on 4/8/08 12:07 pm
Janice: While I did not have the band I had a VSG, but from all my research about the band before my decision to do a different procedure it is my understanding that chicken may be one of the more difficult foods for you to tolerate especially after having a fill. The other food is shrimp. I may also get stuck unless you chew it until it is the consistancy of mush or baby food. Good luck and I hope things are going well for you. Barbara
Michelle S.
on 4/14/08 2:09 am - North Jersey, NJ
Hi Janice - i had RNY, so i'm a bit different...but at 7 weeks out - i'm still having a little problem with chicken. I think it's one of those "tough foods" that takes longer to get used to. -michelle
mrsrjwatson
on 4/22/08 8:46 am
as a lapband patient you have to chew,chew,chew and chew. stay away from dry foods moisture helps (sauces, gravy) and be careful when you microwave your food
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1501 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1211 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 852 views