Help!!! Very Disapointed!!

BonnieHB
on 4/8/08 1:13 pm
I had my surgery on 2/11/08 and have had two fills...one today. I have lost a total of 15 pounds but thought that the weight would come off quicker. One of the problems is that during my first fill...my surgeon couldn't find my port and stuck me in another area...not sure of he punctured the band or not. I am able to eat more than a cup and 1/2 of food and feel hungry most of the time. I'm back to liquids because of the fill today. Please let me know if the lapband works?
SCushway
on 4/9/08 4:15 am - Daphne, AL
Sounds like you need to give your doctor a call and let them know that you can still eat that much. Sounds like you didn't get much of a fill. I had a RNY Bypass but I am pretty sure that the lap band does work. The weight loss is just slower with the lap band. Sandi 2/28/08
Hammy1024
on 4/11/08 12:04 pm - Shady Side, MD
Bonnie, I had my surgery on 2/7/08. I have lost about 45 lbs and I have had one fill. I about starved during my 1st 6 weeks until I got my first fill. I could not be happier. My primary care doc took me off my diabetes pills last week. I have been very strict with my diet, during that time and find that now I have slowed down on weight loss. I have also expanded what I eat to eat more like my family, when we go out, which my be part of it. The lap band does work, but it works better if the band is properly filled. If you are stil hungry, you may have not gotten a complete fill. You also need to keep strict and I find that Fitday.com helps me to keep on tract. Please, keep with it. It is the best decision I have ever made and it feels great to get the "wow, look at you" comment. Sandra
Pam_Sands
on 4/12/08 12:31 pm - Great Falls, MT
DITTO, HELP!!! Right after my Lap Banding on 2/4/08, I was hospitalized again because I had double pneumonia. The diet the hospital provided was just regular food. Spaghetti & meat balls, Sweedish meatballs & noodles, Hamburgers, Rubber chicken, etc. Being a good little patient, of course I ate what I was given. The problem is that when I came home I quickly forgot everything I'd been told about cooking for myself and eating for my Lap Band. On my pre-surgery diet I lost 40lbs. I've not lost any more since. I can't make myself drink the powdered protein drinks; I drink Slim Fast Low Carb -- 4 a day. There's my 80g of protein. But then I'm still hungry. Last night I had a "weigh****cher's" lasagna, carrots and canned peaches. A few hours later I ate a left over pork chop from the night before, and up it came. (that happens to me a lot) Can someone PLEASE help me find a meal planner, or something that can get me on track. I don't want to waste my surgery and be forever stuck at 260. I've only had 1 fill so far. Thanx in advance Pamela
DeAnna-S
on 5/13/08 10:17 am - RHOME, TX
Hey all, sorry to hear it is going badly for you. I have to agree about the fill. I had my lap band surgery Feb 26 and have lost right at 40 lbs. I was very hungry until I got my second fill which equals a grand total of 4 cc's between the two. Right now I have really good restriction. I may still need a little more adjustment, because I think I can eat about 1 cup. Maybe a little more. But it completely satisfies me for about 3-4 hours. I would absolutely talk with my doctor if you are not satisfied. This is your journey and you should be the one in control. Hope this helps.
Panda1
on 6/15/08 7:17 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hey, I had my surgery two days after yours, on Feb. 28th. I have had three fills and lost 15 pounds so far. Not much really but for me I am happy to see those pounds gone! I finally feel that my restriction is pretty good and sometimes it seems like a little too much and I have gotten things stuck, and up it comes. : ' ( I feel like the gastric bypass people are losing weight like mad and I am here just losing a little at a time... Janice
cruzinjan
on 10/5/08 9:32 am - Woodbury, NJ

Hey Bonnie,
2 weeks ago I had my 3rd fill & last week had my 1st PB...not nice !! Prior to this last fill I was able to eat anything & didn't matter how much, it all went down, now , not so much.  My Dr. reminded me of the rules, only 1/2 - 3/4 of a cup of food & to excersize (  i'm just starting ), so i hope that kicks in the weight loss.  I am grateful for not gaining... that's a miracle for me !!!!!
I also thought i had a leak, since i could eat anything, he assured me he pulled out some saline,before he injected, therefore,no leak.  So I think we need to  just get with the program.
Good luck to you & don't compare your weight loss to everyone, we all lose at different rates  !!
Take care,
Jan

Ap band, holds 14cc, just got 5th fill & I  now have 10 plus cc.
Still not much restriction !  No weight loss in months...

"Life is a challenge so accept it for what it truly is.  Help me face what today brings with energy, determination and a joy that allows me to take control". unknown author

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1501 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1211 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 852 views