Anyone having issues with throwing up meals?

SCushway
on 5/13/08 10:14 am - Daphne, AL
I seem to do okay with breakfast and lunch (90% of the time), but it seems like every single night I am hovering over the toilet hanging on for dear life. I am not doing anything different and eat very small portions, chew it well and don't drink while eating. I try to eat slow too. It just seems that meat of any type does not agree with my pouch. I added a couple of protein shakes each day to hopefully make up the difference in what I am not keeping down. Any one else having this problem? I see my Dr soon and will discuss it with him. Sandi
Tina F.
on 5/15/08 2:17 pm - Southeast, MI
I was having this same issue the past two weeks. IMO, I think it is from our pouches are finally healing and we are now feeling alot of the nerves again and our pouches are feeling this food. I talked with my Nut about this and she recommended eating pineapple tidbits with your protein to help with the gastric juices and/or adding Adolfs Meat Tenderizer to the protein to help break it down. My nut said it also has to do with not a lot of acid in our pouches right now (hence the acid in the pineapple and juice). That will start to increase, but slowly. Both of those have been working, not 100% but better. I have been making pineapple a part of my diet. If I know I am going out to eat, I will eat some pineapple before i go. She also encouraged to drink fruit juices like Bolthouse. Very good to. Hope this helps. Tina
SCushway
on 5/15/08 9:37 pm - Daphne, AL
It's funny you mention pineapple because I have been craving it a lot lately. I have been buying fresh pineapple and eating it with my meals on occasion. I will have to pay more attention to whether I get sick when I eat it or not. I also eat a couple of bites as a snack. I just crave it all of a sudden and I always buy fresh pineapple which is sooooo good. Sandi 2/21/08 258/198/130
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1501 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1211 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 852 views