HAIR LOSS!!!!!!!

Tawmika
on 5/21/08 2:21 am - Houston, TX
I've heard hair loss is common thing after having WLS. Would some one please tell me what I should buy or use on my hair. I comb and all I get is hair. It's so depressing. Please help!!
Tina F.
on 5/22/08 2:44 am - Southeast, MI
Sorry to hear about your hair loss. What I have been told about hair loss is to keep your protein levels btwn 60-80 grams/day. If you are consistantly getting less then 60g/day then you are going to see more hair loss. Others use Biotin (sp). But I have heard that it can cause hair growth other places beside your head (ie face). I would up your protein levels first and see if that makes a difference. Good luck. tina
Tawmika
on 5/22/08 2:59 am - Houston, TX
Tina Thanks for the advice.
SCushway
on 5/22/08 3:30 am - Daphne, AL
I am taking Biotin 5000 mg per day and also supplementing my diet with two extra protein shakes (EAS ADVANTAGE CARB CONTROL) per day. I still have problems with most meats and am allergic to fish so I need to supplement. And my hair is still coming out. Good thing I have thick hair. Sandi
teachanoma
on 6/9/08 4:30 pm - CA
Hi I just went to a group meeting on Saturday and I asked the hospital's nutrionist about hair loss cause I am lossing a lot and she said that hair goes through a new cycle every four months so because I am post op four months it is normal and would probably last a couple more week..
Tawmika
on 6/9/08 10:09 pm - Houston, TX
Thanks Norma and all the others that have replied. I am learning that our bodies go through so much after this life changing event that took place. It really is so scary to think I will go bald. I have met with my dermatologist and she said that it will grow back but not w/o the proper care. She stated that good old vitamin e and tons of protein and mutlivitamins will indeed do the trick. So, for now I will deal with the loss of hair by wearing a skull cap and be proud of my 62 pounds I have lost. Thank you guys for helping me in my time of need!!!!
glitzigirl
on 6/10/08 7:50 am - Teaneck, NJ
I take 10,000mcg of Biotin daily and I have noticed a big difference. You will still lose hair, but the Biotin really makes your hair grow back faster. Nature's Bounty makes a 5,000mcg capsule which is super easy to swallow and I take 2 a day after breakfast. Works great! And no, I have not noticed any abnormal hair growth anywhere else and I am Italian so I have tons of dark hair to begin with. Good Luck!
SCushway
on 6/24/08 3:20 am - Daphne, AL
I will up my Biotin to 10,000 and see if that helps. It can't hurt because my surgeon said your body just gets rid of any excess thru your urine. My once thick hair is now soooo thin. I need for it to start growing back really fast. I know, I know...hair only grows 1/2 inch a month. My hairdresser said there was little you could do to make it grow faster. I wish that weren't true. Sandi
johesn56
on 8/4/08 8:36 pm - NJ
I had a big problem I had the RNY and I was losing my hair like a ckemo patient so I was forced to go for a short haircut and my hair loss is very slight now. I am only 6months post. But before I got my short hair cut I couldn't even run my fingers thru my hair without losing strands at a time. I have got used to the new me now but it took abit to get used to the short hair exspecially when u don't have much to begin with lol but I would do it again even if I had to be bald because I feel like a whole new person. So take care always johesn56
Michelle S.
on 9/16/08 1:52 pm - North Jersey, NJ
the hair loss has FINALLY STOPPED!
I think mine started around mth 3.5 and was pretty insane for the last 3 mths.

I just realized this morning that my shower walls, shower floor, shampoo, soap, towels, dresser, dog, etc wasnt covered with my hair

Lilypie - (HPu4)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1501 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1212 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 852 views