STILL STALLING FOR OVER 4 WEEKS????

melswifey
on 7/16/08 10:01 pm - WI
I had my surgery on feb 13th, and I have been at a stall for over four weeks. Last month I only lost 7 pounds, and now nothing for over four weeks. I am so dissapointed. I walk every single day, am up to 2/3miles every morning. I am finally going to start some weight training today and pray to god this works. I am just posting to see if anyone else around my surgery day is at this long of a stall as well. I still need to lose another 70lbs, and I'm getting scared that I'm done. I know the stalls take time to get past, but four weeks....eeek!!! I drink plenty of water, and try desperatly to get in my protien. but I simply can not stand any of the protien shakes or bars. I have also started taking the biotin pills as of yesterday for my major hair loss. I saw on the lable these pills are supposed to help with your metabolism as well. I have my fingers crossed. total loss to date 85lbs .....Please update with your progress, I'm very interested to compare. have a great day!
Christine S.
on 7/17/08 12:50 am - long island, NY
I am just getting over a stall that was just about as long and I also did not loose too much the month before. I was concerned also that this was it, but then I have lost another 6 lbs in the past 2 weeks. I am down 85lbs as well. I am not able to tolerate most protein drinks I have tried, but found that the Nectar brand Ice Tea flavor tastes ok and does not get me sick. I use Slim Fast High Protein bar 15 grams protein as meal replacement or to get in some extra protein. Other brands I have tried make me sick like the shakes. I recently tried Isopure Alpine Punch which was pretty good , but to expensive to have everyday. My hair was falling out alot, strangely during the stall, now it has slowed down. I took purchased the Biotin, but did not take it everyday so I cannot tell you if it helped. I did get a decent haircut and a good conditioner to try to prevent the loss. Great job on your exercsie, I was doing good, I had physical therapy for an injury for about 18 weeks post op- unfortunatley I don't seem to get much in since then. I did get Wii Fit which is fun, but I need to be alone to get a real workout on it. Good luck, hopefully you are at the end of this stall.
lzyldy
on 7/17/08 7:06 am
I am also just getting over a stall and it scared me to think that might be all I would lose but just this week I have lost 2.8 lbs.I had my surgery on Feb. 18 and have lost 92lbs,but I started at 323lbs. I added a lot of water but like you I am not able to drink the protein shakes. I have started making my own out of 1 raw egg mixed with 6oz. milk 4 pks sugar sub. and a little bit of vanilla I also add nutmeg sometimes. It tastes like a vanilla shake. Some people are scared of the raw egg but my family doctor said that it should be ok as long as they are kept in the frig and are fresh. Good luck.
melswifey
on 7/18/08 12:57 pm - WI
thanks to you both for your replies. I finally lost ONE pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited, and hope this continues. Even if it's one or two pounds a week, I can deal with that as long as I keep moving.....I did try the adkins protien shake today. A friend at work had grabbed one and I tried a sip. It was a little more watered down than the rest of the shakes I have tried. So I'm going to go get a couple and see if I can tollerate them..... One other question. I am curious as to how much you guys can eat now. It seems as though I can eat quite a bit more at lunch time, and hardly anthing at dinner. I can finish a lean cuisine or weigh****chers meal at lunch....Is this too much? It does take me a full half an hour to finish. but they have almost 15 to 20grams of protien...Seems as though once I get home for dinner, it's just a few bites, and a small snack before bed. but these meals at lunch are scaring me, I don't want to stretch my pouch. hopefully its not too late...please keep me posted. thanks !!
Christine S.
on 7/18/08 11:10 pm - long island, NY
I get scared that I too much food at times too. But I think it may be the density of the food that makes some things easier to go down. I can eat a whole Lean Cuisine at lunch to depending on the dish. Somedays I feel like I am hungry all day and some days I have to force myself to eat. It makes no sense to me. We are probably still healing. I find it is hard to get all the protein in and all the fluid in. If I eat I am to full to drink and vice versa. Since I cannot tolerate most protein drinks I tend to choose the food since I do not want to miss out on the protein. That is my biggest hurdle right now. After reading other posts from people who had WLS around the same date as us it seems like others are hitting long stalls at the same time. Maybe it is just the natural progress. Good luck and keep me posted too.
SCushway
on 7/19/08 10:23 pm - Daphne, AL
I finally broke my three week stall, but not in a good way. I got a stomach bug that was going around and lost three lbs. It was probably all water weight and I will gain it back, but for now...I am counting it. A loss is a loss in my book. As we get further out, we have to work harder at continuing to lose. At first, it just melts off. Now we have to watch our protein and carb intake and make sure we aren't eating things that perhaps we shouldn't (guilty as charged!). Once I get past this stomach bug, I am going to try the 5 day pouch test to see if that will jump start my losses again. I met my short-term goal of getting to 180 by the end of July. Now I need to think about what my next short-term goal is. My long-term goal is to be near goal by Febraury (Cruise-time). At least a size 10, which is reasonable since I am in a 16 now (barely). Keep up the hard work. Plateaus eventually break. You may need to re-evaluate what you are eating and perhaps add some protein drinks (that always helps me lose more). Sandi 2/21/08 258/180/130
Sheryl_Williams
on 7/21/08 6:53 pm
RNY on 02/25/08 with
I know exactly how you feel. I had surgery on 2/25/08 and I spend 90% of my time on stalls and 10% making progress. I dropped 30 pounds before surgery and have lost 45 since surgery. In five months, that's about an average of 8 pounds a month -- but I actually lost 15 my first week out of surgery then stalled for about a month, so the weight loss has been nowhere near steady for me. My surgeon changed my plan to include two protein drinks a day back in May. It worked for a week, I lost 7 pounds, and then stalled again. Everything I try works for a week and then stops. It's beyond frustrating. I've been sitting at 236 for almost two months myself. I got down to 231 about ten days ago, but I was eating VERY VERY little to try to shock my system. As soon as I changed up, though, the weight FLEW back up to 236 and has stayed. I got discouraged about 3 weeks ago and stopped exercising. I was getting SO stressed -- the water, the protein, the vitamins, the calories, the carbs, the exercise. I feel like I have to be absolutely PERFECT to get any results. It's getting to the point where my doctor is like, "Well . . . maybe you're a slow loser?" This leaves me feeling like there is no hope of any answers. I'm measuring faithfully and CAN say that I've lost an inch in my waist and hips in the last two weeks, so that's good, I guess. It's just maddeningly slow for no reason. I'm going to look into the biotin -- not for my hair necessarily, but for my metabolism! My surgeon did run a TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) test, but it came back normal. However, my other doctor (the one who administrates the bariatric surgery program in So. CA), apparently suspects hormone issues, because he's ordered a different thyroid test for August 4. So we'll see . . . Until then I wait, cry, hope, and then wait some more.
Christine S.
on 7/23/08 9:19 am - long island, NY
The scale moved. Down another 3 lbs. Yeah! Now the trick is to stay off the scale until next week.
melswifey
on 7/23/08 11:08 am - WI
WTG..my scale also moved 3 lbs last week....lets keep it up!!!!!!!!!!...how about everyone else...are you moving yet?????
iamaywork95
on 7/24/08 6:07 am - Lansing-ish, MI
Um, yeah I have been the exact same 192.5 for 4-5 weeks now-that is down 58 lbs from my 2-12-08 surgery. I walk/jog 1-1.5 hours every day. Some days I also go for a bike ride. I am getting very angry at the scale! It is very discouraging!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1501 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1211 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 852 views