Time for me to be thankful

melswifey
on 8/18/08 10:37 am - WI
Ok All, I've been doing some thinking. Over the past two months or more, I have gotten myself into this funk. So upset that my weight has been stalling. Seems like I stall for three solid weeks then I drop about 4-5 pounds. And this was depressing me. I felt as if I should be losing more. That I was a failure. People would tell me how wonderful I look, I would shrug my shoulders in disbelief. I still don't like to be called skinny, just because I know it's not true. And I have a long way to go before would even be close to skinny. But over the last few days I have been feeling pretty good about everything. I am ONE pound away from the weight I was when I met my husband. I am 25 lbs lighter than the day I got married. I am 95lbs less than the day I had surgery. I can go on a treadmill, multiple times a day and I love to sweat. When I first started I could not stand (or handle) being on the treadmill for more than 5 min. Now I go 30 min and increase my incline all the way up to 12. No I don't stay at that pace for long, but I CAN finally do it. I went shopping on Saturday and bought a pair of size 18 jeans, I didn't even try them on because I knew they would fit, and they did. and are actually a little loose. I am now in a 1x shirt. Can't wait until I'm in a XL or even better a size large. I know this will come, I now know, I have the tool it took to get me to the point where I am now that I can finally excercise and feel good about it again. This will keep my weight off. Thanks for listening to me. Not to many people can relate to how all this feels. I just need to tell myself how wonderful life is!!!! I hope everyone else is doing well. I know a lot of Feb losers have lost more than me and thats ok. We all need to just keep truckin!!!!!! let's hang in there together!
Christine S.
on 8/19/08 7:35 pm - long island, NY
Shawn, I know just how you have been feeling. I have been in a funk too. When the weight loss slows down after coming off so rapidly for months prior it is depressing. But I have begun to rethink my situation too and realize that I have come a long way. I am now 5 lbs away from my 1st goal (100 lbs) and can fit comfortably in an 18 pants and an XL top. I even got my self into a 16 pants (although tight) which I haven't been that size in about 12 years. I have much more energy. I would be too tired before to even do the easy chores and now I find such a sense of accomplishment in doing my housework. I have begun to enjoy the company of my best friend again, no longer embarassed of my size. We go out dancing, hang out by the pool, or just grab a light bite to eat. Reconnecting with her was the suprise benefit of my surgery. I hadn't realized that I had gotten so disconnected from my friends. It was work and home and maybe sometime with mom or inlaws. Now we make plans to do something fun at least once a month and talk just about everyday. Continued success to you and let's continue to look on the bright side!
SCushway
on 8/30/08 6:24 am - Daphne, AL

You just have to have faith that you are getting there. even if it's one lb at a time.  Accept the compliments with grace and lmpw tjat one day you will eventually see the thiner you when you look in the mirror.  It takes a while to adjust  your self perspective to how you look now.

Sandi

sayings-7.jpg picture by mike2121_02

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1498 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1209 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 831 views