Hair loss and regrowth

SCushway
on 10/18/08 11:07 am - Daphne, AL
Okay, so most of us lost some hair.  Mine went from being super thick to being super thin now.  I think it's starting to grow back in now.  From what I can tell, the new growth is about an inch long.  Has anyone else noticed that their hair is growing back yet?   I sooo miss my thick hair and can't wait until it's back to normal.

Sandi
Haircut

jillianD
on 10/18/08 5:15 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Mine is finally growming back and driving me crazy!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

petunia773
on 10/20/08 7:07 am - Stratford, WI
Yes, I can see mine is finally growing back.  I notice it most along my forehead, all these inch long hairs, but it is soooooo thin!!!!  I had such nice, long, thick hair.  I got it cut a little bit in July thinking it might slow down the loss, but it didn't help.  I notice it isn't falling out as much now, but there is still definately some coming.  I just don't know what a normal amount of hair loss is now.
 (I wish!)

Highest Weight: 290 * Surgery Weight: 273.5 * Current Weight: 176 * Goal Weight: 160
Make me a Facebook Friend - "Becky Curtis"

SCushway
on 11/1/08 1:28 am - Daphne, AL
My hairdresser said it's normal for people to a little lose hair all the time so a little bit of loss is okay.  Just so long as it's not coming out by the handfuls like it was a couple of months ago.  I, too, used to have beautiful thick hair and now it's sooo thin.  My hairdresser cut it shorter and put some layers in it for more fullness, which helped somewhat.  I am just glad it's finally coming back in and looking a bit fuller.

Sandi

Pulling My Hair Out

welderwow
on 12/18/08 11:32 am - Livonia, NY
I am still loosing my hair.  I am just about 6 months post op, doing great and sooo thankful I did this, but I have always been vaine about my hair.  Well WOW I have lost a bunch already.  I can see where it is growing back in, but I am still loosing, my question is how long does it last?  or continue to come out?
SCushway
on 12/18/08 11:38 am - Daphne, AL
My hair loss only lasted two months...from my 4th month to my 6th month then it drastically slowed down.  I am almost 10 months out now and my new growth is a couple of inches long.  It's nice that it's starting to thicken back up again.  Just be patient...it comes back.

Sandi

welderwow
on 12/18/08 11:45 am - Livonia, NY
Thanks for the encouragement!  It was scary to see it all in the bottom of the tub and then so much on the floor, but I think it is starting to slow down, I can tell when I go a couple of days not eating right, I will see it in the bottom of the tub....helps keep me counting protein as that is the key!  Good shampoo helps, but I think what you eat is more important. 
Thanks again,
Michele
SCushway
on 12/18/08 12:50 pm - Daphne, AL
Definitely keep your protein intake up and take Biotin and you should do fine.

Sandi

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1497 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1209 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 831 views