Eight months out today

petunia773
on 10/25/08 8:02 am - Stratford, WI
It seems that not many people post to this forum but I thought it would be appropriate place to post my eight month update.  I had surgery on February 25 and am down to around 170 pounds.  Yesterday I was 169.5 and today I was 171, so I'll just average the two. 

I started out at 273.5 on the day of my surgery so I've lost a little over 100 pounds in eight months.  But this last month the weight loss as stalled.  I exercise on my elliptical for 45 minutes on the weekdays when I get up at 4:45 am.  I typically take the weekends off because I need to sleep in and I usually am working around the house. 

This stall is really starting to bother me but I'm hoping it will be over and that I haven't leveled out at this weight.  My goal weight is 150 pounds, which I think is attainable.  But I probably need to lay off the carbs to do that.  I normally eat pretty much whatever food I want, but just smaller portions.  I do stay away from sweets of any kind because I don't want to experience dumping.  And....I also don't want to know if I'm not a dumper because then I'd probably start eating them again. 

I'd love to hear from others on this forum on how you're doing at eight months out.

Highest Weight: 290 * Surgery Weight: 273.5 * Current Weight: 176 * Goal Weight: 160
Make me a Facebook Friend - "Becky Curtis"

teresasmiles
on 10/25/08 11:17 am - Painted Post, NY
 Congrats on your steady success! I to am just beyond and getting closer to my 9 mos out.  I have slowed down on the loosing as well, but am still loosing, just slower.  I started at 265 and am currently 167 - 168 depending on the day, lol.  I would love to get down to 140 but would be ok with 150.  I have been lucky so far with the skin thing, except my belly area. I think that when all is said and done I may want to get the panilectomy thing done,  I can handle the loose arms, I can keep working my weights and conquer them, but the pouchey area that hangs a bit gets to me.  It doesn't stop me from my size 10 pants though,.  Woohoo.  Never worn a ten in my life unless you count when I was a child, lol.  I am so thankful for this surgry each and every day!
Teresa

SCushway
on 10/30/08 7:30 am - Daphne, AL
A size 10....WOW! That's great.  I am a little over 8 months out and am in 12s now.  I started at 258 and am now around 164 (depends on time of the day...lol).  I am trying to stay off the scales except once a week now.  I was obsessing about it for a while. 

I don't seem to dump on much.  Mainly just starches like rice or potatoes so I just don't eat them (or if I do, only a few bites).  My primary problem since this surgery is the horrible gas I get.  Whoa, it gets bad (sorry..TMI).  Otherwise, I have never felt better.

Sandi

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1501 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1212 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 852 views