How's everyone doing now that we are going into our 9th month?

SCushway
on 11/7/08 10:16 pm - Daphne, AL
I am losing REALLY slowly, but steadily.  I was already falling back into some bad habit, but nipped that in the bud before it became habits again.  Losing a couple of lbs here and there, slowly but surely.  I am down 97 lbs to 162 and wanting to lose at least 30-35 more (I am only 5' 4" so that's a good normal for me).  I see my surgeon for my 9 mo check up in a week or so. 

Other than that, I am doing great.  I have more energy that I ever hoped to have, my libido is way up (TMI) and I am beginning to feel really good about myself again for the first time in a very long time.  (wearing a size 12...a girl at work GAVE me 20 pairs of size 12 pants...WOW...she's tall so they are at the alterations shop being hemmed right now).  I have truly been blessed.

Sandi

Slim     not yet Thin  or   Skinny

halfsister
on 11/8/08 3:59 am - Irwin, PA
I too have been feeling great. I love the energy I have and the way I look after losing this weight. I only have 13 more lbs to go and have really gotten stalled.

I have been grazing when I am bored and really need to stop that. I am faithful to my workouts three days a week. I just really want to reach my goal and soon.

irshfiregrl
on 11/9/08 8:21 am - Portsmouth, NH
HI there,

Sounds like you guys are doing great! 
My LBS have also slowed WAYYYYY down... However I reached my original goal last month.  I made it from 260 to 150 in 8 months.  I'm pretty tall at 5.8", so I decided to try for another 10lbs... that way If i can maintain there i have those bounceback lbs. 
I have upped my cardio to 3.25 miles 5 days a week / along with an upper body weight routine (trying to firm up my batwings) 
My sizes have gone from a 20w to an 8 and almost a 6 in some stores. 
I have a ton of loose skin on my thighs that I am pretty disgusted with- I keep hoping Ill wake up some morning and it will have vanished.  I'm still waiting for that Moment where I look in the mirror and I no longer see a "fat" person.  I wonder when that happens to anyone of us????

We have support groups twice a month and I usually hit at least one of them. It really helps to stay on track and keep me motivated.  This has been a great / Frusterating / Exciting and any other emotion I can think of Journy....... I am so glad I did it!!!!!  

Hopefully other February's will chime it, I love hearing from people that are as far out as we are.

Keep up the great work everyone!
Kate-

Start 260/ Surgery 249/ Goal 140/ Current 135       5.8"

Nicolle
on 11/21/08 10:41 pm
I'm doing good. Really good. So far, I have lost 156 pounds. As a lark I tried on my 1988 Prom dress yesterday. It actually fit!!!

My energy is through the roof and my labs are still good. I am adjusting to my new body quite well. Sometimes I catch my reflection in a mirror and window and wonder who that woman is!

I eat anything I want, just in small amounts at frequent intervals. Fruits, fats, sugar, all good. I have become a bit of a red meat junkie, though.

I am at the cusp of saying "goodbye" to plus-size stores forever. My Avenue size 16 jeans are getting too loose. I am now buying clothes at regular stores, but only a few pieces here and there as needed. I don't want too buy much until I get to goal and stabilize.

I have at least 33 pounds more to go, maybe more. We'll see where my body wants to go. 

Be well, my Feb 2008 WLS sisters and brothers!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Michelle S.
on 11/25/08 12:44 am - North Jersey, NJ
Strangely enough...my stall (which really slowed me down in mth 6-8), has recently been lifted & I've started loosing again, although I've done absolutely NOTHING different when it comes to excersizing, eating, sleeping, vitamins, etc.

I'm now shopping in normal stores - and that is prob the biggest pleasure for me...especially with the holiday's coming.

In 9 mths I've lost 88.5 lbs & tho I still have 30 lbs to go for my BMI to be considered "normal" (ie: 24.9)....truthfully, if I didnt loose another lb, I'd be fine as I am right now.  I know I'm healthy & that is the most important thing to me (tho being told I look hot by my hubby does feel great!)

Lilypie - (HPu4)
SCushway
on 11/25/08 12:55 am - Daphne, AL
I agree with you!  I just reached my 100 lbs lost milestone and couldn't be happier.  I would like to lose another 30-40, but am very please with where I am at now.  I am comfortably wearing a size 12...down from a 22W.  I love shopping in the regular sections of stores.  You can find more on the sales racks in normal sizes...lol.

Sandi

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1501 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1211 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 852 views