11 Months Out and Stalled

SCushway
on 1/12/09 10:49 pm - Daphne, AL
Not sure how everyone is doing now that we are 11 months out.  It's hard to believe it has almost been a whole year since we had this life changing surgery. 

I am down 102 lbs and holding steady at 158 lbs.  I have met the goal that my surgeon set for me, but I would personally love to lose another 30 lbs.  I have been battling (and losing a lot of times) head hunger.  I really need to get a grip on that so that I can start losing again.  I have already started refocusing on my protein intake again and am now getting in plenty of that.  Just need to cut out the between meal snacking.  I know I am just sabotaging myself and using my hectic schedule (work FT and School FT) as an excuse...but that's all it is...an EXCUSE.   

Other than that, I am doing great.  I have gone from a size 22W to a (loose) size 12.  Can't quite get into those 10s yet....LOL.   I have my one year post-op appointment with my surgeon on Feb 25th....one week after I come off a cruise.  That's soooo not fair.  I have to watch what I eat on that cruise and make sure I get my walking in onboard the ship.  LOL.

How's everyone else doing at the 11 month mark?

Sandi

morcatt
on 1/13/09 11:34 am - IN
I can relate to being stalled on the weight loss. The holidays were really bad for snacking. I haven't gained any weight, but was not losing much for the last two months. I have gotten back on track by upping my exercise and tracking what I eat. I started using "The Daily Plate" web site and found it really has helped. I like it better than keeping a paper food journal. I can see just how much I can eat and what foods I need to cut back on or cut out all together. I can even see that I need to get in some more exercise that day to make up for eating too much.

I am down 112 lbs and have another 65 that I would like to lose.  My goal is to get under 200 for my 1 year post-op on Feb 9th. I should make it on my scale (naked-first thing in the am), but not on my surgeons scale.

Good luck on the cruise. Pack a lot of low-cal high protein snacks to keep you from the buffet.
SCushway
on 1/13/09 10:05 pm, edited 1/15/09 4:50 am - Daphne, AL
Thanks for the idea about packing some healthy snacks for my cruise.  If I have something healthy to eat on hand, I am more likely to make a good choice.  I can't believe I didn't think of that.  THANKS!

Sandi

EDITED TO ADD:  Just when I was beginning to think the scales would NEVER budge...I lost 2 more lbs.  YAY!  I am still losing.  Just slow as heck! 

Nicolle
on 1/15/09 5:01 am
Doing good. 176 pounds down.

I just decided two weeks ago that I was going to try and get to my surgeon's goal of 189 pounds lost by my one-year surgiversary. I have 13 pounds to go. Not sure if I can do it. But I'm going to up my exercise and try to not graze so much. Maybe I'll be on OH too much in the meantime! LOL.

We're in the home stretch, guys! Let's do it!!

See you here in a month!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

SCushway
on 1/22/09 4:41 am - Daphne, AL
Just a quick update...I broke my stall by upping my protein once again.  Duh!  Always does the trick.  Looks like I may make my goal after all...only 2 lbs to go and three weeks to lose them.

Sandi

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1501 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1211 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 852 views