Adhesions - emergency surgery

SCushway
on 4/12/09 12:45 am, edited 4/12/09 12:46 am - Daphne, AL

Just this past week (Monday night) I went to the ER for pain in my abdomin and ended up having surgery (Tuesday early morning).  Apparently scar tissue from radiation treatment I had eight years ago for cancer had wrapped itself around my intestines and was causing a blockage and they had to go in laparoscopically and clean the adhesions out.  I was in soooo much pain before and now feel 100% better.  I couldn't eat before and was vomiting.  I wasn't sure what was going on but I knew something wasn't right.  Fortunately my WLS surgeon was able to do this surgery too so I knew I was in good hands.  I am feeling  soooo good now I can't believe.  It must have been building for a while because I hadn't been feeling well for a couple of weeks but could never pinpont why.

That's all that's been going on with me.  Holding steady at 108 lbs lost...seem to have stopped losing once I hit the one year mark.  I hope to lose another 25 lbs but am giving myself a year to do it.  My surgeon told me that I had probably lost all that I would lose due to my bypass and that if I wanted to lose anymore that it would have to be through my own efforts.  So, wish me luck on that last 25 lbs.  I am wearing a some size 10s now (depends on the cut/brand name), which is nice.  Hanging onto those 12s for now though.

Love to all and have a happy Easter!

Sandi

cute-easter-bunny.gif picture by mike2121_02
edited for typo

morcatt
on 4/15/09 8:45 am - IN
Sorry to hear that you had some problems, but I am glad that you are feeling much better. Good luck on those last 25lbs I know that you can lose them. Summer is on the way you can find many things to do outside to work off those pounds.

I continue to lose about 1 or 2 pounds a week. I hope that it continues for awhile longer I have about 40 more pounds I want to lose. I bought a bicycle today and plan on using it as much as I can this summer.

Cathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1497 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1209 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 831 views