5 Years Now--how are you all doing?

Nicolle
on 5/1/13 6:41 am

I think I am the only one who visits this February 2008 forum anymore, but it doesn;t hurt to put a message out into the cosmos, right? I hope you all are doing well.

I passed the five-year anniversary a couple of months ago. Life is GREAT!

I started at 344 pounds and 55.5 BMI and my weight fluctuates a little, between 150 and 155.

I feel great, my clothes fit and because I had the DS, I still get to eat the foods I love, from steak to McDonalds to dessert.

I won't lie--taking vitamins is a pain in the butt, but I try to keep up on them. My labs are still good, but I see some erosion in my D, and calcium. I'm a long way from where I was five years ago, dying from sleep apnea and Type 2 diabetes(which are both gone, thank goodness!).

Take care!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

cargriton
on 8/2/13 3:43 am - exeter, PA

I visit once in awhile so busy otherwise. Sounds like you did great and still are doing great,thats wonderful. I am 4 years out and doing fine. I was 283 highest and now 139 to 145. No more health issues which is wonderful. I had the RNY so I have to watch everything I eat. I find I am  more hungry now then a few years ago, so I still count calories. Best thing I ever did for myself, I'm 63 years old and would recommend this to anyone who is ailing from weight and health problems. Take care 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1501 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1211 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 852 views