ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY

Kathy P.
on 2/9/10 7:09 am - Port Orchard, WA

HAPPY ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY TO ME (AND ALL THE OTHER 2/9'ERS!!)

So here is the down and dirty fat  (or lack thereof) talk:  I have lost 92.4% of my excess body weight. In poundage speak, I am down 172 lbs., but have been up and down with the same 2 lbs. for the past three weeks. I blame this on my weight training....

In the past 30 days, I have only lost about 5 lbs. BUT I HAVE LOST a total of 10.75 inches in that same 30 day time period. So, I figure I'm building muscle, which takes up less room than the bulky fat.

I have 14 to 16 lbs. (depending on day) to go until I  hit my Docs and my goal that we set post-op. My BMI still has me in the "overweight" catagory. ARGH!  WHATEVER... I think I will go see a physiologist or trainer to get an accurate body fat reading to differentiate between fat and muscle.

My BUTT AND BOOB SIZE  :  I am wearing a size 10 levis's and size 10 tops and dresses, versus the size 26 top and 28 dresses of a year ago. One year ago, I wasn't wearing zip up jeans, but rather size 26 pull on elastic waist denim pants (you know the ones....).

I've been off all meds for about 9 months. My resting heart rate is 56 versus 90 from a year ago. Sleep is great!

Work out wise:  I run at least one short run of 2 miles once per week.  I run one 5k once per week, and will be increasing that to two per week. I'm training for a 10K in June. I hit the gym 3 to 4 times per week, doing eliptical, bike, upper and lower body weights . I haven't swam since December...need to get a new suit.

I haven't taken full bod pics in a few months, so that is my DH's job over the next couple of day. When he gets them done, I will post.

Hope all is well with all of you!

Hugs,
Kathy

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
pineview01
on 2/15/10 1:33 pm - Davison, MI
Congratulations!  You have done GREAT!  I can't wait to see those pre and one year photos.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

MSW will not settle
on 2/17/10 8:31 am
What a year!      Congratulations. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hypertrophic scarring
JazzyOne9254 · 0 replies · 777 views
5 years out!
idgett · 2 replies · 767 views
TVP protein
singdoremi · 0 replies · 872 views
Bariatric Regain :(
Lissa Strombelline · 0 replies · 1103 views