Has it been a year already... what will year 2 bring?

S.A.R.A.
on 3/2/10 12:58 pm - Tacoma, WA
So my one year flew past last week... I can hardly believe it. I am so close to goal its killing me. I made it thru the winter and stayed pretty active and now that the weather is starting to change I will be spending more time cycling outdoors. I am still struggling with comments about the amount of weight I have lost; I give most people the benefit of the doubt that they have the best intentions. But, REALLY if I gained weight  no one would say a darn thing.

I starting to think about plastics and if I really need any "work" done. I have no chest for the most part but the bras from VS do a fine job of adding shape. My legs are what bother me the most right now but I have started to notice that they too are changing. Plastics have got to be pricey and I really would prefer to not spend the $$ if I don't need to. I just keep praying that my youthfulness and supplements are going to help my skin retract.

I have been supporting a few co-workers as they begin their journey to WLS and it feels great to share this with someone else. I know the pain of feeling alone in the world and I would hate for any one else to go thru it.

I still haven't really shared with my east coast family that I had WLS and I don't think I will. I hardly ever see them and unless someone dies or my baby sister gets married I doubt I will making a trip back east. I think that now that I am this far out I could "hide" it pretty well from everyone... shared meals would be hard but I could find ways to disguise my lack of eating.

I am starting to wonder what the next year will bring as far as the WLS is concerned and what happens to us as time passes? I guess that is a great question for an "old timers" board, but if anyone knows please share.

Hope all is well!
~M

You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
~~Eleanor Roosevelt

MSW will not settle
on 3/4/10 10:30 am
This is when we stay determined never to go back to what we were this time last year.  I will weigh religiously and make sure that once I get there, I maintain within five pounds of goal, forever.  For year two and for the rest of my life.  Congrats to us all.  

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hypertrophic scarring
JazzyOne9254 · 0 replies · 771 views
5 years out!
idgett · 2 replies · 762 views
TVP protein
singdoremi · 0 replies · 868 views
Bariatric Regain :(
Lissa Strombelline · 0 replies · 1096 views