Ups and downs

fluffyNcute
on 3/4/10 9:39 pm - Beantown, MA
It's been a minute since I have been on here and checked out the board and to see how everyone has been doing. I have been injured since January 10th and basically have been in bed besides getting up to use the bathroom or go to my doctors. I have a bulging disk in my back and also bone degeneration with osteoarthritis. I have come such a long way but yet I have a huge obstacle to overcome at this moment. I have not been able to exercise and I went through a period where the depression hit in and I ate a few things that I shouldn't have. I am trying to get back on track and keep positive. I will be going through five months of physical therapy and if that does not help I will end up needing surgery. I have gone through the ups and downs because I may end up losing my career as a massage therapist. 15,000.00 down the tubes on education that I am still paying off and I may not be able to have a career in a field that I actually like. I wanted to pursue more and become an occupational therapist and work with paraplegic children but I am now unable to. SO now I get things happen for a rhyme or reason. That I will be able to handle it. Stress all in itself but I am definitely trying to make the best of it all. Starting to think about my next step in life and what I would sincerely like to do. Have a lot on my mind and hoping for all the best. I hope everyone is doing great on their weight loss and I pray your all successful in getting to your goals. I still have hope even though it's past the year mark that one day I will be able to get to my personal goal as well.
Many wishes and prayers for you all.

~Cathy~
trouble256
on 3/5/10 5:06 am - Athens, AL
Sweetie, we all falloff the wagon.  Hell Im pregnant, and probably eat a ton of things I shouldnt but luckily pregnancy only lasts 40 weeks.  Then I will jump back on the wagon and eat like I should.  Dont get me wrong, I dont eat all junk, just mostly fruit and veggies....baby doesnt like meat/eggs or anything protein related.  lol

I hope everything gets better for you and Ill keep you in my prayers!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
fluffyNcute
on 3/8/10 9:53 pm - Beantown, MA
Thank you very much
Kathy P.
on 3/5/10 6:58 am - Port Orchard, WA
Cathy,

Sending you out all sorts of positive energy and a big giant squeezy hug (not too tight though, cuz your bad back and all.....but the sentiment is the same).
   I  know that chronic  pain is a horrible, and I  pray that  your recovery will continue to progress. I'm sure you will find creative ways to use your education, even if you can't be on your feet doing massage (maybe instructing, leading relaxation and the such?)
   You will get back on track, just try to remain focused on the positives. You have better health due to wls...you have a wonderful man....and lots of friends here in cyber space who care about you.

Take care lady!

Hugs,
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
fluffyNcute
on 3/8/10 9:55 pm - Beantown, MA
I am trying to remain focused. It's just hard when all you have worked for has disappeared in a matter of a minute. Five months of physical therapy I will start sometime this week and follow through and do my best to keep focused. Yes I have a wonderful man and I am so greatful that he is in my life. Thank you for your kind words as always.
Have a Blessed Day
Cathy

Steph_L
on 3/14/10 11:31 am - MN
Oh dear.  That's rotten news for several different reasons.  It's already been said but I'll join in urging to no beat on yourself for any "bad" eating.  That's behind you and you can still choose to go back to doing what you need to do to be healthy.

I really do believe that when one door closes, another one opens.  There will be other work that fulfills you and allows you to make the world a better place (as you so clearly want to).

You can do this :)
Start: 420  |  Day of Surgery: 381 | Current: 223 | Goal: 199 Milestones:
100+ pounds lost
Under 250 pounds (first time in decades)
Weigh less than husband for first time
fluffyNcute
on 3/17/10 8:45 pm - Beantown, MA
Thank you very much I appreciate that. The two bulging disk have definitely put me into a situation where I felt useless for a few months. My butt is basically in bed or doing physical therapy. I am starting to look at other options for my career as time goes on. But at the present moment I am unable to attend classes due to me unable to sit up for more than thirty minutes. I know there are online classes but I prefer to be in the classroom to be hands on and to learn that way. I am definitely finding out how much my life has changed during this injury. I however have started to take control of my eating again. Went yesterday got myself some items for myself and definitely put myself into the equation. Nuts v8 juice etc. What stopped me from eating the junk was I got sick really bad for two days and all I did was vomit have a fever and was in bed feeling literally ill. I know I am to do right and have been eating salads and been eating plenty of protein. So I am definitely back on the right track. I am just thankful during my self sabotage that I didn't gain any weight.
Lianne C.
on 3/24/10 4:41 pm - Garden City, MI
I know your pain! I actually had my RNY due to the fact that my insurance company told me that my back pain was due to my obesity and not the 2 car accidents I was in when I was pregnant with my son. I was told to lose weight and things would get better. I had an MRI, and it showed up that I have 3 herniated disc, 1 bulging disc and in my L-5, S-1 disc is degenerative and slipped, plus I have sciatica in both sides, plus osteoarthritis! So I started out my weight loss journey not being able to exercise like I should. I find that elliptical seems to be the only cardio I can do sense it is a smooth motion. Of course the pain is unbearable, and the painkillers seem to be more of a pain then help, I get nightmares when I take it before bed. I have 2 little kids and I get upset the days I cannot get out of bed to take care of them, the only good thing about my husband being unemployed is that he takes care of them when I cannot. Just keep your head up and look how far you have come. It is so easy to get discouraged and depressed, but you really have to keep positive as hard as it may sound. Good luck and I hope you feel better. I tell my husband daily that I would not wish this upon anyone.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
fluffyNcute
on 3/25/10 1:03 am - Beantown, MA
Thanks for that and I have been trying to stay positive. My fiance helps me out a lot but he is in the same situation as I am right now he has a bulging disk on his lumbar as well. But he seems to be able to deal with the pain better than I can. I am so thankful I have him in my life because I certainly don't know how I would have made it through this far without him. Hope your doing okay as well. And thanks again I appreciate the response.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hypertrophic scarring
JazzyOne9254 · 0 replies · 771 views
5 years out!
idgett · 2 replies · 762 views
TVP protein
singdoremi · 0 replies · 868 views
Bariatric Regain :(
Lissa Strombelline · 0 replies · 1096 views