Where are all the February Fam?

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/10 6:35 am - Charlotte, NC
Ok....so I know you are out here....where are all the people who had WLS or RNY in February? How are you doing? What are you eating?
Dawnsea
on 4/7/10 7:53 am
Hi--just found this board.  Had RNY Feb 2.  Doing well....except that this week, I'm making darn sure to get all my fluids in, come hell or high water.  Last week, I was out all week with a kidney stone.  Most horrible pain ever.  NEVER want to go through that again!

I eat a varied diet.  I still make sure things are pretty soft or moist.  I work on really getting that protein in, but I'm trying to take a balanced approach.  Generally have a protein shake for breakfast with milk.  I have had a piece of whole grain toast, whole wheat pasta (the Barilla Plus has protein), and a couple of bites of potato here and there, but certainly limit these sorts of carbs.  My favorite vegetable, which I finally had last week, broccoli, was heavenly.  So, I eat mostly protein, then veggies, then other carbs--usually not much room for those other carbs!  I am dying for a salad, but am still a little wary of raw veggies!

I've lost 49.5 lbs since I started my liquid diet, one week before surgery, so I'm really pleased!  I'm only had two episodes resulting in throwing up (other than the 9 or so times from the pain of the kidney stone!)--once because I ate too fast, and the other time because chicken was too dry and got stuck.  I'm feeling pretty fortunate!
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/10 10:01 am - Mesquite, TX
 Hey there, here I am.  I'm doing pretty good. 
Protein.. not feeling to hot on that. Ive tried so many. I get a headache if I take protein that is least amount of oz. And it takes me two days to drink down the 20oz of 40g Isopure.

I eat a lot of eggs, egg whites, beans, chili, tuna, oysters, fish and pop cycles. I can tell you that I am not eating turkey, struggle with chicken and beef seems to be just enough  to taste.

Anything I drink needs to be practically frozen or hot like coffee. This is making it hard for me to drink but I am certainly doing my best with everything. 

I had my 1 month visit today and support group. I am still very happy I did this even though I am fearful about not knowing my true intake of protein and what my hair my do because of that.

Alice P.
on 4/8/10 10:17 am
I am here, I had RNY 2/17/10.

I am doing well, other than low energy.  I went to my PCP yesterday to have labs done to see if it's a vitamin issue etc.

I am doing well with my eating.   I do most of my cooking in the crock pot since that makes the meat moist and shredded to eat and if I do this once or twice a week I have tons of leftovers for snacks/lunches etc.  I found a couple of protein that don't taste like protein and I like and have that first thing in the morning in my coffee.

I am starting to try more veggies and fruit although in small quantities but I just throw the veggies in the crock pot too.  I haven't tried raw veggies yet either.

I have lost 29 lbs since surgery although it has slowed down A LOT!

I only had food get stuck once from eating too quickly thankfully was able to vomit and after a day of little eating get back on track.

ALice

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Lori F.
on 6/22/10 2:53 am
Hi Alice,

I had surgery on 2/23/10.  You mention that you make stuff in the crock pot.  What kind of receipes?  I would like to start doing this, but am not a cook at all.
Alice P.
on 6/22/10 9:49 am
You don't have to be a cook to use the crock pot it's very simple!

You can mix any meat in any sauce pretty much measurements aren't that important as long as the meat is covered in a liquid of  some form.

Some of my favorites:

Chicken breast, black beans salsa
Chicken breast spaghetti sauce mushrooms
chicken breast tgif spinach articoke dip (frozen section)
chicken breast cream chicken soup, onion soup mix, grean beans

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

smithgirl71
on 4/13/10 12:26 pm - OH
RNY on 02/22/10 with
 I am here as well and have tried steak, meatloaf, fish, chili, tuna/egg/chicken salad, chicken, shrimp, and pork.  The first and second weeks of soft foods I vomited almost once per day but am doing fine with absolutely everything I've tried.  I see my surgeon is a few weeks and will be cleared for "regular" diet I suspect.  I do 2 protein shakes a day and then my food gets me at least 80 gms per day.  I'm only doing 56+ fluids per day just because it is sooo hard at work (I am an ER nurse).

Michelle
HW 264 (when I started the process)
SW 250 (day of surgery after 2 wk liquids)
CW 224

Considering_It
on 4/17/10 11:16 am
I'm doing great!  Have lost 27.5# and have broken a stall.  Got my 2cd fill and now have 7.5cc in my 11cc band.  A couple of stuck/sliming incidents from eating too fast or not chewing enough...it was educational to say the least!
blazn963
on 4/18/10 2:34 am
I had my surgery on Feb 15th 2010.  I have my two month checkup on Wed.  I have lost around 90lbs total with 37 from preop.  I have had it very easy.  I dont have a problem eating.  I have cut back on my protein shakes cause I'm able to get alot of the protein from food.  Id do the surgery again in a heart beat.  I do miss being able to have some ice cream or sweets but that is a cross I will carry to get healthier.  Hope you all are doing just as good.

JenBen72
on 5/19/10 6:14 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Heya Feb peeps :) I think I am losing so slow and it worries me because I must have a stomache like a goat because nothing really  makes me sick...not sweets...not steak...I have been very careful though and I finally joined a gym this week so hopefully it speeds up! Hope everyone's doing great! If I could be so nosy as to ask what everyone has lost so far...wondering if I am losing an acceptable amount. :)

Jennifer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Our 2 year - we rock!
Liz R. · 3 replies · 1436 views
One Year. No Regrets!
Sunshine704NC · 1 replies · 1418 views
TIme is flying...
jstatum_05 · 5 replies · 932 views
Wow time goes by fast...
DreamComeTrue07 · 2 replies · 890 views