To Revise or Not to Revise....

Christine D.
on 1/20/04 10:41 am - Canton, OH
I started out at 250 lb in March 2001. I was down to 160 and that was after my tummy tuck and breast reduction Nov 2001. Soon after, July 2002, I was back under the knife for augmentation, the Doc messed up..I was also put on B/C pills. So, needless to say, I am back up to 193....YIKES. I am now considering a revision..Is there anyone that can give me some insite? Thx, Christine
Barbara Halley N.
on 2/21/04 11:46 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
christine, I read your profile and I am 3 years post op as of March 5th. I weighed 261 and went down to about 140 now I am about 155 and nervious I can eat more now and I have eaten pretty much what I have wanted and now I am looking and that carbs have been easier that protien and I am guily of the easier path, so rather than a revision I am looking at this as still a valuable tool and I am eating more protien and less carbs. Barbara Halley Nolan
Christine J.
on 5/11/04 11:42 am - Milford, CT
Christine, I too have gained about 20 pounds since I had my surgery in 2001. I have thought of a revision too but I think the key here is that we have had the tool given to us, now we need to change our bad habits. We need to re-train our brains instead of looking for the quick fix. They never told us that it would be easy afterwards but then they dont have much in the way of support after wards either. I am really depressed right now with myself. I can't believe that I have allowed myself to get this way AGAIN! I am still 100 pounds lighter than when I started yet I still have 60 pounds to lose. Maybe we can help each other come up with a plan that will work. Christine James
Sandi L.
on 6/12/04 4:40 pm - Norcross, GA
FIRST GO ON LINE AND READ "POUCH RULES FOR DUMMIES" IT IS INVALUABLE. PUT THAT IN THE SEARCH ENGINE. WHY WOULD YOU CONSIDER A REVISION IF THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH YOUR POUCH OR BYPASS? GET REAL - THIS ISN'T A QUICK FIX; IT REQUIRES EFFORT ON YOUR PART AS WELL...B/C PILLS ARE NOT A JUSTIFICATION TO GAIN WEIGHT - IF YOU ARE GAINING WEIGHT STEADILY, YOU ARE EATING TOO MUCH AND NOT MOVING ENOUGH. CONSIDER COUNSELING. IF, ON THE OTHER HAD, AN UPPER GI SHOWS THAT YOUR STAPLE LINE HAS BROKEN DOWN, THEN BY ALL MEANS REVISE.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Short limb RNY to Long Limb
A. M. · 0 replies · 466 views
Almost 13 year anniversary
discodawng · 0 replies · 483 views
6 Year Aniversary
nurse2be08 · 0 replies · 633 views
5 yrs Post-0p and Happy
CinbearMommyX2 · 0 replies · 632 views
Does Dr. Byrnes Do Revisions?
Jenjerbelle · 0 replies · 545 views