Recent Posts

A. M.
on 5/14/14 3:48 am
Topic: RE: Has anyone else had a revision since 3/01?

Just checking in to see if you ever had a revision.  I am back here for weight gain after the revision I had.  Never thought this would happen to me but I maintained for 11 years and then in a year and a half I put on 50 lbs.  Ugh.

A. M.
on 5/14/14 3:45 am
Topic: Short limb RNY to Long Limb

Looking to see if there is anyone out there who had a short limb RNY revised to long limb (common channel 150).

discodawng
on 1/29/14 11:16 am - Hicksville, NY
Topic: Almost 13 year anniversary

Still feeling & doing great!

nurse2be08
on 3/14/07 6:47 am - Silver Spring, MD
Topic: 6 Year Aniversary
I am so-so. View my profile. I updated it. I will add pictures soon like tomorrow. I need to loose like 10 pounds in fat so my stomach will go down. My system still works the same but I can't loose this last 10 lbs after the baby I am a 12 and I was a 8 to 10 before the baby at the same weight. URGGGGGGGG. Well all is good baby is fine will be 6 months on the 20th I was severly anemic and had to do IV Iron therapy my last month before I had him. He came early just like the one before 36 weeks, had only a bad taste in mouth all the time but hardly ever threw up so I guess that is somewhat better. BOo BOO's still stink bad and I go pretty regular, Also someties out of nowhere I gt the runs for like 3 to 4 days and then back to everyday just once.My aniversary for surgery is the 22nd. I want a butt lift and my breast's done. I have had 3 c-sections and I don't want a tummy tuck. If thoose 2 look great it won't matter that I have a little pouch in front. LOL Anyway keep in touch and Hello Everyone
Sue B.
on 11/22/06 3:32 am - Tucson, AZ
Topic: RE: Post Op 3 Years and Almost back where I started...
Hi Robin, I too have had a weight gain of about 50 pounds. I started at 308 I'm 5'7 and got down to 173 size 12. it's been almost 5 years but I gained the weight back 2 years ago and haven't been able to lose it. I wear a size 18. I was really ashamed of myself feeling like a failure because of the weight gain. I was also embarrassed to tell people I had the gastric bypass, and look the way I do. My sister, who I felt was most dissapointed, told me I look beautiful, and am still the same wonderful person, and act and feel still 100% better. She likes the fact I get up everyday.......and just enjoy life. Once I relized it's okay, Yes I rather be a size 14, but I'm not ,just to stay happy and active. I recently started doing a home based business called Tastefully simple, yes it's food, but I've actually lost 10 pounds because I'm so busy with parties, and hauling things. Also, my family and I have eaten at home alot more, so I've started eating my protein first again! Please do not hate yourself, and do not let people convince you that you have failed. your not 300 plus pounds, and I hope you did this for health purposes and not vanity. Try to stay happy, I really think that is the key. I'm not very good at writing, I talk alot, so I hope you understand what I mean. GB Sue Babbitt [email protected]
CinbearMommyX2
on 6/4/06 8:29 am - Wildomar, CA
Topic: RE: Has anyone else had a revision since 3/01?
I had my original RYN on 3-30-01 at 323 lbs. in a size 28 and got down to 129 in a size 4 at my 2 yr mark and a baby later (got pregnant 9 mos post-op). I am now 5 yrs post-op and fluctuate between 160 and 170 lbs. and in a size 10/12 (ewww). I liked being 135 lbs. I eat much more than I used to and I can eat just about anything, except spicy foods. Would I even qualify for a revision this far down the road? I'd like to know more about what a revision entales. My RYN was open and pure hell for 1 month. I'd hate to go thru that again. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP! Cindi http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/profile.php?N=B980367485&NoStatic=1
CinbearMommyX2
on 6/4/06 8:14 am - Wildomar, CA
Topic: 5 yrs Post-0p and Happy
I am 5 yrs post-op and am doing well. I am 20 lbs heavier then I prefer but can't seem to get that 20 back off, Damn it! I am comfortable at this weight though. I started at 323 in a size 28 and got down to 129 in a size 4 at my 2 yr mark and a baby later. I am now 5 yrs post and sitting at 165 in a size 10/12 (ewww). But I look good in a bikini. I have had 2 tummy tucks, and 2 boob jobs along with some lipo. The reason I went thru 2 of those twice was due to a bad surgeon the 1st time around. Had to hire a 2nd to do repairs. What a mess. I have trouble with my bowels a lot and vomiting is the norm for me, but I have no regrets. I am happy being a little me. The things I can do with my kids makes me so very happy and I get second looks now and I know it's not cuz I look gross, it's cuz I look good, yeah! Here is the address to my obesityhelp.cpm profile if you are at all interested. Take care. Cindi http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/profile.php?N=B980367485&NoStatic=1
socco58
on 5/13/06 9:56 am - Belleville, NJ
Topic: RE: Stopping in to say Hello!!
Hi Noelle, Wow it's been a long time. You look great girlfriend . Great to hear from you & to know that there are still some of the older post ops still here. Don't come in to much anymore. I just am so used of the old obesityhelp. Can't get used to the new site. If you check out my profile it will pretty much tell you what's been going on with me. Haven't had the best of luck the pass few yrs. But I guess me answering your post is all I can ask for. I finally am down to 152# after a few yrs. in the 160 & 70's. but been sick & haven't been able to tolerate food. So how have things been with you? Can't wait to hear from you. Have a great day tomorrow!! Hugs Sue
5yrsout
on 5/9/06 6:32 am - Yonkers, NY
Topic: RE: A healthier me
Hi Chasity, how are you? We had surgery on the same day, remember? You look WONDERFUL and I'm so glad that you are happy these days! Please drop me a line when you can! Noelle
5yrsout
on 5/9/06 6:31 am - Yonkers, NY
Topic: RE: Stopping in to say Hello!!
SUSAN!!!! How have you been, friend? Please drop me a note when you can- let's catch up! Great Big Hugs!!! Noelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Short limb RNY to Long Limb
A. M. · 0 replies · 467 views
Almost 13 year anniversary
discodawng · 0 replies · 484 views
6 Year Aniversary
nurse2be08 · 0 replies · 634 views
5 yrs Post-0p and Happy
CinbearMommyX2 · 0 replies · 634 views
Does Dr. Byrnes Do Revisions?
Jenjerbelle · 0 replies · 547 views