My hair fell out and you wouldn't believe what came back!

TammyMLitz
on 6/15/06 8:57 am - Elgin, IL
Shortly after my surgery, my hair began to thin out....A lot! I even got a hair piece. They said it was due from the surgery, lack of protein, whatever. Some months later the strangest thing happened. We had gone on a cruise and I went in the water, later in the day my husband commented, what is wrong with your hair? What? With the humidity and air drying I was amazed... it started curling up like crazy. I had ALWAYS had thin straight hair. As months continued my hair thickened and got more curly! I feel like Julia Robert's in "Pretty Woman" It was that curly! People said I was like a cancer patient, when their hair falls out it comes back a different color or texture. Has this happened to anyone else? Later I will be posting my before and after pictures. Start weight 305- Today 155 from size 28 to 10 Tammy L- Elgin, IL
pammy157
on 7/23/06 9:40 pm - colchester, CT
RNY on 03/30/04 with
Hi Tammy! I had my surgery march 2004. I'm down 120 pounds an loving it. wearing size 8 & 10 and loving that even more. the best thing is that i no longer need knee replacement surgery and my hips are fantastic for movements. i feel wonderfully healthy.this morning i went on line to check out my surgery date message room that i always go to and for some reason hit the wrong year. I do believe that the stars said i should see the 2003 room casue i have the same issue that you have! i lost a tremondous amount of hair. it was so thin I cryed but figured oh well I'll get a wig if i have to can't go backwards and really didn't want to go back to being almost 300 pounds. so I delt with the hair loss as best I could. all of a sudden it started to grow back. Then I had to deal with the curls!!!!! Never in my whole life did I have curly hair unless I went and paid big bucks for perms. even then they didn't get as curly as my hair is now. what a riot! the color has stayed pretty much the same other than a few grays but what the heck I'm saving a fortune in perms!!!! good luck and god bless, Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 612 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1650 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 647 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 703 views