4th Anniversays this month

Bruce R.
on 3/13/07 12:16 pm - Meriden, Ct
It has been 4 years and I don't know where the time has gone. I have gained 10 pounds since my surgery and I can only blame myself and the cookies that I love. I have had plastic surgery, the first to remove all the hanging skin from my chest, then 4 months later, I did my lower stomach. WOW, what a difference. It was costly, and insurance did not pay for it, but well worth the money. 2 years ago, I had my left hip replaced due to arthritus and now, the left hip is going. If this surgery was only available earlier, possibly I wouldn't have has so much damage to my hips and knees. I still have a few problems with certain types of food, so I just avoid them. I try and eat a balanced diet, but just can't get all the food groups in that I should. My finger nails are very soft right now and giving me problems. Most likely a lack of protein, but I still have all my hair. My body is producing too much calcium oxalate possibly due to the bypass, and last fall, I had to have kidney stones removed. Medication is preventing the formation of new stones I hope. All in all, I would do it again. Like I said before, I wish the surgery was available 20 years ago. Feeling fantastic.
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 616 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1652 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 648 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 704 views