Still Learning in Dallas, TX after 4 Years post op

AnninTX
on 9/2/07 2:00 am - Dallas, TX
Even though I just had my revision one month ago there is something I have learned in my 54 months of being post op from the original RNY. Exercise is the key to sustained weight loss. I have been fortunate to get my eating, vitamins, water exactly where they should be. I have yet to become one of those people who LOVE exercising. One of my goals is to have exercise become a daily habit just like taking my vitamins and meds is. In four and half years, I have never once missed a day. I need that kind of discipline when it comes to exercising. It is tough at 450 and 423 and 356 and 330lbs. What I know is that I don't have the luxury of skipping meds or vitamins because the potential consequences are too great. I am working hard to get that same belief system and practice in my head about exercise. Just in case getting enough exercise is an issue for you, I wanted to share an experience I had from yesterday. I am looking for every opportunity to incorporate habits that will support my exercise goals. Yesterday I checked my mailbox and found a mailer from the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas in it. Usually they run a special membership offer every January called "Join Now and Pay the Day". The usual joiner's fee is equal to the date. So if you join on the 1st, your joiner fee is $1. Join on the 2nd and you pay $2...you get the picture. I figured I would have to wait until January to re-join and save the approximately $100 joiner's fee. Also, the Y is great about considering all members of the same household as a family to get their family rate. I took receiving the mailer as a sign from the universe and took myself to the Park Cities YMCA and rejoined. It felt great to save money and do something good for myself too. All the YMCAs I have been to in Dallas have great facilities, classes, sports, health and fitness equipment, and caring staff. You can get more info at www.ymcadallas.org or 214) 880-9622. On a side note, when I arrived my favorite staff member from years ago was at the desk and she looked great. She was delighted to see me and shared that she had gastric bypass. See it was just meant to be that I joined. I get exercise equipmen****er aerobics, trained staff, fitness assessments, and a supportive bariatric person on site. Anyone want to join me at the Y? p.s. The YMCA's offer includes: Coppell, Downtown Dallas, Frisco, Garland, Grand Prairie, Irving, Kaufman County, Lake Highlands, Lakewest, Lewisville, McKinney, Moorland, Oak Cliff, Park Cities, Park South, Plano in Legacy, Richardson, Rockwall, Russell Creek, Town North, Waxahachie, and YMCA at White Rock.)
sheilashoppps
on 2/24/08 2:47 pm - williamston, SC
Hi Ann! I had gastric bypass almost 5 yrs ago , March 27th. I have gained 35 pounds back and am devastated to thep point that I am eatiing out of worry and disgust! I know it is crazy,, but it is happening like this. I see where you had surgery again?? Waht kind of surgery and how did you get your insurance to pay for it? I would llove to get it done again, can you enlighten me on this subhect? Thanks so very much!
reenieb
on 3/21/08 11:26 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Hi Ann, what kind of revision did you have? I am scheduled to have an endoscopic procedure next month to reduce the size of my stoma opening; I don't think he's doing anything to my pouch? Can you tell me what you had done and how you are doing? Is the revision working for you? Thanks so much. Maureen
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 616 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1652 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 648 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 704 views