Another Year -- Still Holding Strong

summewe
on 1/17/08 6:37 am - Gambrills, MD
March 31st I will celebrate my fifth weight loss anniversary. I weigh one pound less than last year which thrills me. I love that I actually wear clothes out and not having to be a new (bigger) size each season. I work at keeping my weight stable and will continue to do so for my health and overall happiness. Gastric Bypass is not a long term quick-fix. You lose the weight quickly however to maintain a healthy weight takes a life change that isn't called a "diet" or "exercise plan"; it is a lifestyle, a healthy lifestyle. I'm not saying it is easy but it is well worth it. Life is Good.
reenieb
on 3/21/08 11:20 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Hi Wendy, I am posting from the March 2004 Board, where we are all just now celebrating 4 years out of our surgeries. Congratulations on your obvious continued success! Many of us are struggling with trying to stay vigilent in our new healthy lifestyles; a good percentage of us have gained a good percentage of the weight we lost as a result of surgery; others of us have been able to keep any weight gain at a minimum, but the struggles are real. I wonder if you or any of the other "Marchers" from 2003 would visit our Board (March 2004) to say hello and offer some words of encouargement. We are a strong group and have really been there for each other from the beginning - your Board seems equally committed. We sure could use some strong words of encouargement as we begin our 5th year! Thanks so much, to you and all the 2003 Marchers! Maureen
rstamper
on 5/27/09 1:08 pm - Calvert City, KY
Hi Wendy,
I had my surgery in 04/03. Seems like forever ago but then time flys. Things have gone fairly well for me until the last year. The weight is finding me again and I can't seem to stop it.  I am gaining about 10 lbs a year the last 2, I am really freaking out, the feet and knees are starting to hurt again and I am so afraid of what else may be coming. Have you had any luck at any weight loss plans or has anyone else out there? I had thought about a straight protein diet for a week to 10 days, it kept us alive 6 years ago? I need some advice quick! I am not sleeping well and feelings of depression are really shadowing over me, my mom passed away 3 months ago and I feel just drained and hopeless, don't have much of an interest in things I had started to enjoy again. If anyone has any suggestions I am all yours! Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 616 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1652 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 649 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 705 views