Man I feel like I can eat so much

Catherine B
on 9/7/04 12:54 am - Kingsland, GA
I know I dont eat any where near to what I used to but man I feel like I can eat normal amounts now.. I went to chick a filet and had their grilled chicken sandwhich with fruit. I ate the whole piece of chicken and half the bread and half the fruit.. Some days however I am lucky to get in half the chicken ..
Brenda M.
on 9/10/04 11:35 pm - Vancouver, WA
I know exactly how you feel. I had an open RNY in march 03 and although I've lost 150 lbs I feel like I eat almost as much as before my surgery. I've gained 1o pounds this last month and I'm scared that I will keep on gaining. I walk 6 days a week and just started back to curves. Being 18 mo out I feel like my appetite has come back with a vengence. I'm like you it seems sometimes and especially with good food that I can't eat much, put something bad in front of me and I can eat a ton. I'm trying to decide what I'm going to do. Keep me posted if you come up with an answer.
sizeabledifference
on 10/3/04 2:41 pm - Saint Martinville, LA
Hi, I am Kathy Shemack and I have done pretty good so far. My surgery was on March 10, 2003. I have lost 125lbs. It is 18 months and boy do I feel like eating everything that passes in front of me. Really, before the surgery I was not like this. I try to keep my mind occupied. If I am busy, believe me I do not have an urge to eat all. I could go all day without eating I have to force myself. Lord have mercy if I am board. The kitchen sink is not safe. I have been trying to eat ice chips. I keep a glass filled at all times. First I started putting a sweet drink such as any flavored crystal light, then I realized that I was consuming too much of that stuff, so I decided putting plain water. It has helped a lot. I am and I guess I will always be a compulsive eater.
Cindy O.
on 10/16/04 12:37 pm - Madill, OK
I hear ya girls.. I had my VBG in March of '03 and lost 102lbs but starting to be able to eat more and more. I feel like I am hungry all of the time, snacks are my worst enemy and constipation is my constant companion. Cindy Ojeda
Georgette M.
on 12/4/04 4:35 am - Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Hi Catherine, I thought I was the only one struggling with this! Apparently it is common. There are days I can eat alot as well and the snacking gets me in trouble at times, especially at work! We all have a lot to be proud of, but old habits are hard to break at times.
wendy B.
on 1/10/05 11:47 pm - seagoville, TX
I think that we tend to forget the golden rule here: Surgery is just a tool. My surgeon told me his goal is to give me a normal life. Well, normal people watch what they eat. Yes, they might eat cake once in a while but they then monitor what they eat the rest of the day. Some common sense--of which I have precious little--goes a long way. I needed this post. Thanks.
AmandaKS
on 1/13/05 4:51 am - Trussville, AL
Well glad to know I am not alone. I think many of us between 18 months and 2 years discover we can eat way more than we use to be able to and for me, way more than I imagined I could eat post-op. I surprise myself sometimes at how much I can eat and I like many of you, feel somedays I could eat a house... LOL. Snacking is also my enemy- one because I learned I could graze and two because what I snack on is not "good" food (ie, cheez-its, crackers, chips, cookies, etc). Has anyone found something that works for them? I try to load up on fluids and that often helps but sometimes I think my brain just wants me to make the eating sound/motion. LOL. Oh well, glad to know I am not alone. Amanda (03/19/03) down 165 lbs.
barbsbasic
on 2/27/05 7:56 am - Westtown, NY
I have been using Phentermine 15 mg a day on and off for over a year. IT IS THE ONLY THING THAT HELPS ME CONTROL MY APPETITE AND DESIRE TO EAT THE WRONG THING. I go off of it for two weeks, then go back on. I started using when I was post op at about 6 months since I literally stopped losing weight through my own efforts, although I wasn't that big before surgery (237) and that I think was the problem because I wanted a faster loss. Anyway, although I don't like taking the drug it has helped me drop down to 137 and lose almost 40 pounds that I most likely would not have lost without it. It takes a little to get used to, cuz of the side affects, but I'm thin and I feel well..... Good luck!
Diane O.
on 3/7/05 11:55 pm - Montgomery, AL
Hey Barbara - Please be sure to let your Doc know you're using that drug ... people have gotten really sick using it! Wishing you the best - Diane
Doeeyes764
on 3/9/08 10:55 am - Fuquay Varina, NC
I was about 3 years post op when I started gaining weight. I started grazing then started eating the bad for you snacks i.e. chocolate etc. and then would drink when I ate (now that is a bad habit to start) I initially lost 105 lbs and have gained back 45 lbs in the last 3.5 years. I am so bummed that I am going back to my old eating habits pre surgery. I like all of you have many times that I was able to eat alot and other times where I could only eat a few bites. Has anyone out there been able to loose the weight again if they go back to following the program???? I had some surgery done recently due to some complications from surgery (hernia etc) and the dr found that my pouch is a little on the larger side of normal as he says. Anyone out there gain this much weight then be able to lose it again???? I need hope!!! thanks for your help. Doeeyes
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 615 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1651 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 648 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 704 views