My 2-year Anniversary Post

summewe
on 3/28/05 9:36 pm - Gambrills, MD
3.29.05 -- Where do I even begin? On Feb. 6, 2005 I was involved in a horrific accident which nearly took my daughter's life. She was thrown from the vehicle and landed 20 ft. from the car. She was flown to Shock Trauma where she was in a drug induced coma for two weeks and continued in critical care for another three weeks. She is now living at a rehabiliation center and will hopefully be home with a month. She has a Traumatic Brain Injury (BTI) and is suffering from post traumatic amnesia. She is learning to walk, eat, and function. She is considered "disabled" but with God's grace will make a full recovery within time. Through all of this I am so thankful to have my daughter with me and that her work here on earth is not done. My two year wls anniversary is this Thursday, 3/31/05. I'm maintaining my weight and watch everything I put into my mouth. I still eat protein first, veggies second, and if there is room carbs (only once a day). I drink my water, take my vitamins, and am forever thankful for this surgery. I do struggle with my exercise but will continually remind myself and work on doing better. My mother had wls this January and is doing remarkable well. She feels great, eats well, and learned by my mistakes in the early stages what to and not to do. She is down about 40 lbs. in her eight weeks post op. This year so far, 2005, has brought me great heartache, depair, strength, and courage. We don't know why things happen in our lives. We may never know why, but I believe through others we learn life lessons. I pray through my experience that others learn to love those who mean the most to us as we never know what tomorrow brings. God Bless. -- Wendy
Catherine B
on 3/30/05 9:33 pm - Kingsland, GA
Happy Anniversary.. I am sorry to hear about your daughter I will pray that she recovers fully from her injuries. Your doing great and I know you will continue to shine..
Most Active
Recent Topics
10th Anniversary!
Naomi G. · 0 replies · 616 views
Six Year Anniversary
summewe · 1 replies · 1651 views
Happy New Year
bjsmumniki · 0 replies · 648 views
5 Yrs Post OP Tomorrow!
Dayanara A. · 1 replies · 704 views