New March surgery member

Margaret A.
on 1/29/04 3:01 am
Well, I too am going into surgery March 17th. I really feel this is the right move for me. Most of my friends are telling me all the bad stuff that could happen with the surgery, but I feel confident and great about this decision. I researched it for about 6 months before I asked my primary physician for his input and he agreed it was my best shot. I have type II diabetes, sleep apnea and borderline hypertension. I'm hoping they all go away. I'll even send them a "goodbye" card. The insurance company had me jumping thru hoops, even had to do a three months supervised diet with a nutritionist before they would approve me, but as soon as all the requirements were done, it only took them 2 days to come back and say "YES". Can't wait! Peg
Kimmer K.
on 1/29/04 6:38 am - Waterford, MI
Welcome to the future "LOO-SERS" of the world, Peg! A bunch of us have sort of adopted each other, and we're now the "March Niners...we're all getting re-plumbed in March. It started out with me asking for anyone else getting replumbed on March 9th, MY date...it's become a proverbial riotous monster of "Marchers"!! We're all kinda rooting for each other and hanging together. This group is great. There's those of us who are a bit of an instigator (me) , those who are wild and crazy (Kelley Torres) , and most who are just checking in and hanging around, letting off nervous anxiety and being happy for everyone else who's having their surgeries in March. Please join us! It's becoming FUN to logon here now, and I never EVER logon at home!! Anyway, don't pay heed to those nay-sayers giving you the negative aspects of this. I was one of those nay-sayers: my sister had an RNY done ~2.5 years ago, and I was SO-O-O not behind her on it. She has 5 kids and I was afraid she'd die and leave them motherless, etc. I admit that I was TOTALLY IGNORANT of the entire WLS world at that time, and I have since apologized to her several times for my ignorance (she refuses to accept my apology -- oh well, I did what was right and admitted I was wrong. She's got issues...). But I saw what a CHANGE it's made in her life -- 113 lbs later. Then, I started seeing friends and co-workers having the surgery, so successfully, and I was sold. I started looking in to it myself to possibly take care of a different problem: I have fibromyalgia quite severely, and I was thinking that if I drop this weight, maybe the FMS will decrease. Well, after reading profile after profile of FMS patients that are PAIN/SYMPTOM FREE, I began to look into it actively. After the endless hoops we have to jump thru to get this done, I'm having a Lap RNY done on March 9th, and I just returned from my PCP for having done my PATs...he's so supportive of this, as are all of my doctors (I have a few). Those telling you the bad stuff are either misinformed, are dooms-sayers by nature, or are just annoying and trying to get a rise out of you. I can speak for those who are misinformed, and when they see your success, they're going to re-think, and hopefully THEY'll do the right thing and apologize to you, too. Sure, there's complications. But every time you get into a car, you may not come back from the ride. There's risks in EVERYTHING in life, and this, in my opinion, is one of the BETTER risks to take. Feel free to join us "March Niners"...just look for my post below with around 30 posts in it...that'd be the one to check out! But be prepared -- we're quite the eclectic group! We are, however, gonna help each other ride out this experience together. I've already met 2 very dear "support gals" from the group, and I know we'll be right there together in the future! Again, congrats on your upcoming new life!! Kim March Rules!
ItsThenewKelley
on 1/30/04 12:07 am - Fall River, MA
Hey Margaret Welcome to the "marchers" not much to tell you Cause Kim Did a great Job welcoming you here! Good Kob Kim Like she said you will enjoy coming here and posting with all of us. Coming here really helps to pass time. For me time has really begun to "fly" by. Thanks Kim, I owe it all to you! You helped wake this board up! Woohoo! For the first time in my life I am going to be happy to be called a "loser" Yeah baby! Do the happy dance Anyway, I wish you the BEST of luck and hope that you have a SAFE and Speedy recovery! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO JUST ONE MORE DAY AND WE ALL CAN SAY OUR SURGERIES ARE NEXT MONTH!!!!!! GO MARCH GO MARCH ITS OUR RE-BIRTHDAYS GO MARCH!!!!! February Can't stop doing the happy Dance me!!!! Ya, I know...I'm Crazy! BUT I FREAKIN LOVE IT!!! WOOHOO!!!! Kelley Don't know what my tea has done to me today, but I like it...I like it a lot!! MARCH FREAKIN RULES BABY!!!
Kimmer K.
on 2/2/04 1:29 am - Waterford, MI
Kelley, you need serious help. Put down the tea and call 911!!!! BWAHAHAH!! I just had to explain to Margaret that I was on the other side of the fence, too, and didn't support my sister when she had it done 2/5 yrs ago. It's really embarrassing to me now, but hey, I've never had a problem admitting when I'm wrong (which is quite often...!!!). The board is ROCKING 'cuz everyone's MAKING it rock!! I have a feeling thatthe closer we get to March, the crazier it's gonna get. I figure a few more ice storms, about 12 or 13 more inches of snow, 'n March will finally be here, right? (I'm gonna serve that Groundhog-Rat a D-Con muffin...he didn't tell me what I wanted to hear...) Kim March Rules!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 843 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 952 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 655 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 796 views
9 years plus 1 day
pammy157 · 0 replies · 780 views