After waiting impatiently for a year I GOT APPROVED !!!

Janine S.
on 1/29/04 9:25 am - The Colony, tx
Now that I got approved and have my date, March 2 (so soon!!) the reality i****ting me hard.I'm really scared but I have to trust in the road the Lord has brought me down and what ever happens is His will.I cant live like this anymore.I've had some doctor friends check out my surgeon and I've been repeatedly told that he's one of the best and has alot of experience.YAHOO !!!!!
JoyCook
on 1/29/04 12:58 pm - Little Rock, AR
Congratulations! I can't imagine what you and others have gone through. I was one of the "lucky" (i.e. BLESSED) ones that got insurance approval on the first try. I know the wait has been terrible, and now here we sit, once again WAITING! I think we are opening a door to a better life. I too got excellent reports on my doctor from other doctors, and that really helped my confidence. I guess, I'm at the point where I have researched, and prayed, and things have worked out, so there is no turning back for me! I hope you can easily pass this month of waiting as you plan for the new life that awaits you! Joy (3/1)
Kimmer K.
on 1/29/04 7:36 pm - Waterford, MI
Congrats, and welcome! I'm with Joy -- I was VERY blessed that I had no trouble getting approved, got it after the 1st submission, and was supposed to have had a Lap RNY this past Wednesday, 1/28. But God had other plans in mind: long story made short, I had to go with a different surgeon/hospital, and have a GREAT surgeon and a hospital much closer to home now! 20/20 hindsight, if I'd've had mye surgery this past Wednesday, I may not have had it: we had freezing rain, sleet and a bunch more snow on Tuesday nite/Wednesday morning here in the Winter Wonderland (Michigan), and I MAY not have been able to get TO the hospital in that weather! It all goes back to "MY" verse, Romans 8:28. If you've done your homework, have prayed, and put it into God's hands, don't take it back OUT of His hands! Leave it with Him and quit stressing! Besides, if I'd've had it on 1/28, I wouldn't have met our eclectic group of "March Niners"! What a great bunch of support we've got going here! Kim March Rules!
JoyCook
on 1/30/04 12:16 pm - Little Rock, AR
Kim-- you said: If you've done your homework, have prayed, and put it into God's hands, don't take it back OUT of His hands! Leave it with Him and quit stressing! Have you really figured out how to do that? If so, let the rest of us in on the secret!!! Joy "Canary" (3/1)
Kimmer K.
on 1/30/04 11:57 pm - Waterford, MI
Hi, Joy-ous Canary!!! Aw, cheez...I can't explain how it's happened, but it has. My best friend of 20+ years called the last week (we talk every day, but this was one of those "memorable" chats). Long story made short, I had a very easy "approval" process for this surgery, but the plans got changed at the last minute (had to find different Dr. AND hospital), and I didn't stress at all: I was disappointed, but I just hunkered down and "took care of business" finding another Dr. and hospital -- all over a weekend when no one's office was open. Lois (best bud) called when I was online looking for a new Dr/hospital, and I told her what had happened, and she FLIPPED. She was so angry and upset, and here I am, the one who it happened to, just hum-de-ho, going on like nothing happened. She tried to goad me into blowing, but I just couldn't get upset (so her and her boyfriend threw temper tantrums FOR me that night...gotta love that gal!). But then she voiced an observation that she'd been watching for quite a while: she said that it amazes her how I don't get upset anymore at what happens to me (Murphy's Law should be "Kimmer's Law" - some of the unbelieveable stuff that I've gone thru only happens on TV and in the movies...my life has never been boring!). She said that for quite a while now, she's watched me go from a reactive person to someone who's faith in God is REAL, and whose calm is unmistakeable (Me? Moi? Never!). Although she's my best friend and knows academically my faith, even she doesn't understand the reality of it. I thought about it for a while, and I really can't explain how the evolution happened, but my faith IS real to me, as real as if it's my precious Dad (who passed away in 1988) helping me through problems when I was a kid. I have a relationship with God that is so very real. He's usually in control of my life - I say "usually" 'cuz I very often STILL try to do things "my way" -- I'm the kind of person who can make things happen. But then things'll go awry, and I get flustered, and I'll try to do it ANOTHER way, and then by about the 3rd or 4th attempt, it dawns on me that I'M trying to make it happen instead of letting God do it for me. Duh. Then I chuckle and let it go and give it to Him, and somehow, it all works out. Sometimes it doesn't work out the way I thought it would/should (i.e. my first surgery arrangements), but then 20/20 hindsight shows me that what He had in mind was so way much better, and I say "Cheez, what a putz I am! When am I gonna get this right the first time and quit WASTING my time???" and thank Him for continually digging me out again and putting up with my bullheadedness. I'm a Christian, but I fail miserably at it every day. But there are some things that I've found to be so very real, and leaving stuff up to God is one of 'em. Maybe, after years of struggling with everything, I've finally figured out that it's just easier that way - ? I dunno. But it really does work. I wish there was a secret formula I could offer to everyone so they'd be able to have it too, but there isn't. After years of "learning" the ins and outs of Christianity, I guess maybe I'm finally LIVING some of 'em, and that's the secret - ? Don't get me wrong -- I still stress on stuff. Someone dumped a ton of snow into my driveway that I had to dig out at 4:20 a.m. yesterday before leaving for work: you wanna talk STRESS?!?! I followed the tire tread marks to see who could've done it, but then figured out I couldn't/wouldn't do anything about it anyway, so I just dug it out and went on my way. When my precious basset hound, Nada, was very ill a few months ago, I stressed BIG time. My heart was breaking, I love that hound so much, and I couldn't stand to see her sick (I don't have human kids), but I "took care of business", got her care, and PRAYED a lot (as did everyone else). She ended up fine, fat, and sassy again, but it was dicey there for a while. Bills = stress. Illness = stress. Work = BIG stress. So I do stress, just not like I used to. I'm still a human and get angry and upset and disappointed and spit and snarl, but not like I used to. I guess I also CHOOSE my battles/stresses now, and that makes a difference. I had so much going on in my life for so long, that my mind was just numb from trying to keep it all intact. I just finally gave it up to God and let Him take care of it, and it all worked out. Can't explain how to do that, either, except prayer has a LOT to do with it. I'm a living witness to the power of prayer. There's nothing "formal" about how I pray - it's like a constant mind-thread going on all day with me, very few "Dear God.."s or "Amen"s involved, just a constant conversation with Him. In the Bible, it says that the Holy Spirit takes over when we stop - that's a good thing, 'cuz sometimes I can't even get a full sentence/thought out before something else comes up and I've forgotten what I was praying about - that's when the Holy Spirit kicks in. It's good to know, otherwise God would be VERY confused at what I'd be trying to say! HAHAH!! I guess the only thing that I could suggest would be to pray/talk to God and ask Him to send you a heaping portion of His PEACE and CALM, and to make it feel REAL to you. Ask Him for it, and expect to feel it (that's the "faith" part of it...expect it to happen). The first time you actually FEEL it for real, you'll be stunned (I was), and you'll realize it's there for the asking. I can tell you the first time I actually FELT it, and I'll never forget that realization OR where I was/what I was doing (taking a seriously difficult test to get a job with the Postal Service...I aced the test with a 100% score, but felt like I was wrapped in cotton batting while I was taking it -- it was actually mystical, and I felt it while it was happening while I was taking the test - wow!). Since then, I've been sold. But I asked for it, and darned if He didn't send it! That was back in 1984, and I've been blessed with it ever since whenever He gives it to me. Okay, I'll get off my soap-box now. Sorry 'bout that - didn't mean to "preach" - I'm SO-O-O not like that, but you asked! I'm really just a normal person (well, sort of...hehehe...). I just pray (and AM praying) that you guys will be able to feel the calm that you can have. If not, we'll just all hafta blow off that anxiety-giddiness together! Kim March Rules!
jspurling
on 2/1/04 9:30 am - Lincoln, CA
Dear Janine, Hello from another March 2 person. It also took me a long time for approval, major obstacles along the way. One more month. I'm 99% excited and 1%scared. I'll look to this website for support before and after...........
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 843 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 952 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 655 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 796 views
9 years plus 1 day
pammy157 · 0 replies · 780 views