sooo scared!!

holley W.
on 2/2/04 10:12 am - marion, ar
i would just like to hear from someone with any advice. dont have much support from home so i am pretty much alone in this.
Sherry M.
on 2/2/04 11:07 am - Moses Lake, WA
I'm scared too, but we have all the support we can handle here, I'm new to posting but have felt the support just by reading what others have to say. Everything will work out and you'll have my prayers with you. Sherry
New S.
on 2/2/04 12:40 pm - Toronto, Canada
Wishing you all the best. The people on this site are very supportive, so you're not alone in this. Best of luck for a speedy recovery! Nadine
Kimmer K.
on 2/2/04 7:25 pm - Waterford, MI
Hey, Holley!! C'mon and hang out on this site with us goofy "Marchers". If nothing else, we'll keep ya laughing! We're all gonna get thru this together: our own little support group! Kim March Rules!
Amanda B.
on 2/3/04 1:14 am - London, OH
I feel you on being scared, Holley. I just got my surgery date...March 1st. When my surgeon's office called and told me I was on cloud nine, but then it also hit me...OMG, I am going to have this done in less than a month. Fortunately, I have a great support system. Surprisingly, it's not my family. Look for support where people offer it, even if they aren't blood relatives. Manda
Kimmer K.
on 2/3/04 2:49 am - Waterford, MI
Hey, congrats on getting your date! Ya know, my sister had an open RNY 2.5 years ago, she's healthy, and happier than she's been in her life, and she's the ONLY one who's not behind me on this. Her kids, my Mom, her husband...the rest of my family is supportive, but the one who I'd've bet my house on is the ONLY one in my entire life who's negative. I'd LOVE to be able to ask her questions (simple things, nothing intricate), but since she absolutely REFUSES to talk about anything WLS related, I had to get answers somewhere else. That's why I logged on to this website...and have found a different kind of "family", especially among us "Marchers". I've had every question answered that I had, and what's better, I KNOW they were answered truthfully (I'm not so sure I trust her crediblity anymore...never really did, but now I'm sure it's worse). She's got "issues". She just doesn't matter. So just c'mon and hang with us...we'll support ya in whatever ya need (well, 'cept financial...I'm gonna hafta put out a mild chunk of change for my surgery, so I can't offer you my change jar or pop can returns...sorry!). Be warned...we're a pretty eclectic bunch! Welcome to the "Marchers"! We RULE!!
JoyCook
on 2/3/04 3:17 am - Little Rock, AR
Manda, Another March 1-er!!! We will be sharing virtual hospital rooms!!! Less than 4 weeks to go! Hooray! Joy "Canary" (I took that name because the canary goes in first to make sure it is safe for everyone else. That's what we are for the rest of the Marchers!)
Kimmer K.
on 2/3/04 6:17 am - Waterford, MI
All you "Firsties" have become a proverbial FLOCK of canaries for the rest of us. In fact, I think there's more of you "Firsties" than there are of us "Niners" now. Wow... But none can compare to our Joy-ful Canary, the first (and only) volunteer for the position! Kim First of the "Niners"! MARCH RULES!
joanne from ky
on 2/3/04 3:35 am - Lexington, KY
I feel what you're talking about. I don't get much support at home either--they're all too busy telling me the bad things that could possibly happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad my family cherishes me, but it would be wonderful to have someone at home supporting my choice. I can just say that if we've done our homework and chosen the right doctor and the right program and made sure that we understand that the changes are for real and for the rest of our lives, that all the odds are that we're going to be just fine. We're going to come out of this better than ever--happy, healthy, and so glad we made this choice. I also feel that God has a purpose for us every one and if God means this for you (and me!) then he will clear the way.
Jjudd
on 2/3/04 5:43 am - Camden, DE
Tell your husband to stick by you!! You'll do great!! My wife has had the surgery almost 2 years ago and has done and is still doing wonderfully well. I am also scheduled for 3/1/04 for my own surgery. At work there have been 7 others who have had surgery, all doing great. Several other wives have also done well... Wishing you the very best!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 842 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 949 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 655 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 794 views
9 years plus 1 day
pammy157 · 0 replies · 778 views