Help, therapist told me to get support here.

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/11 11:13 pm
 m fat again.  Yes, I know it is my own fault.  Please, no lectures on being a failure, I am well aware of my own short-comings.  My highest  weight was right at 500 pounds.  I had the ruen-y and was down to 183 pounds, which for my height and build was thin.  I had gained back up to 284 after so much stupid grief that I won't even go into.  The short story is I was beaten up at work and had my shoulder destroyed, found out I have EDS, have had 5 hip replacements, my house burned down, my mother was dx'ed with stage 3 breast cancer(she is now cancer free, thank God), my husband who is diabetic spent a year healing an infection in the bones of his foot, it just keeps going.  Anyway.  I am back to working on me.  My hip surgeon at the Cleveland clinic suggested last year that I have a revision.  So, I tried to lose the weight on my own and with chemo for my Mom and nursing my love back to health, I didn't do a very good job of it.  Current weight is down to 270.  I am seeing a nutririonist, surgeon, and therapist at the Cleveland clinic.  My pouch is only slightly stretched so ai haven't messed that up too bad.  According to my surgeon my rny limb is way too short.  He says that it is only 25 cm( I think).  He says that anyone who had been my biggest weight should have had a long limb to begin with.  He is planning to monve the limb down to around 108 cm.  Does anyone kinow anything about this.  My therapist asked that I get back here on OH for support.  I was diagnosed with situational depression, no big surprise there.  So I know this isn't my old style of posting, but I don't think I will ever be that fun person again.  I'll let you know what's going on.   Thanks, Crissie     
KimberlyH
on 6/12/11 8:06 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 843 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 950 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 655 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 795 views